F900 Settings...

Gary McClurg

Is there any where you can down load certain look settings for the F900... I sent out a request to a couple of dp's I know...

I'm not a dp.. but getting the chance to play around with one for a few weeks... so like I stated just wanted to play around and learn the camera more...

When recording to HDCAM tape, I know a lot of DP's just like to shoot the camera in SONY_LOG mode. It's basically a low contrast and gamma setting so you have plenty of room to correct it in post. Not sure where you can download it, but once it's loaded on a flash card you can just put it in the camera and install it. Try getting in touch with a rental house that carries it, I'm sure they'd have it.

The F900 or its later variants do not record in LOG mode. All the 900 series have 'Film Gammas', of which probably the ones on the 900R look best.

If you're looking for 'film-look' setups, try HERE

Here are some alternative curves, however, you need to buy them.

http://www.digitalpraxis.net/sonycurves.htm

Thanks guys...

I'll find out today if its a 900 or a 900r... the guy who bought them... also purchased two sets of primes... then decided to go with two Vipers... and really this is this guys hobby... so talking about a film deal as well... keeping the old fingers crossed...