Kern Switar 12.5-100mm f2 Aspheron

Stuart Brereton

• Premium Member
Anyone know if this Lens is an RX lens, or do I have to stop down a little to use it on a Rex5?

FWIK it was available in RX only and it lacks a dog leg finder, so I think you're good. Do you have a C-mount or a Bolex bayo mount version?There were no non-reflex H16s in Bayo. I'm guessing C mount if you want to use on the REX-5. Just be careful with that heavy lens on the turret and use a locking plug!

Cheers, Dave

Did they even make this lens in c mount ?

Designed for the SB and SBM (essentially Rex 4 and Rex 5 with bayonet mounts) it would seem. Definitely "RX"

Nice lens.

The Aspheron is a front attachment for it which gives a 6.6 mm FL if I remember correctly on the wide end

-Sam

• Premium Member
Did they even make this lens in c mount ?

Designed for the SB and SBM (essentially Rex 4 and Rex 5 with bayonet mounts) it would seem. Definitely "RX"

And there were two versions, the Vario Switar 100 PTL and the Vario Switar 100 MC with the latter being built in two slightly different flavours, one with a macro mode necessary for the Aspheron, the other without. Both the PTL and the MC were available in C and bayo mounts. Info taken from Andrew Alden's Bolex Bible.

Cheers, Dave