New Feature Film shot on Sony FX-1

Sanjit Majumdar

• 3 weeks later...

Nice editing work man ;)

A few comments though,

From a DP's perspective, it didn't look like you lit the interiors enough. I mean, they were so low light that I couldn't quite see the action. I understand this may have been a stylistic choice, but you should always guide the viewers eye to the actions, through contrast, highlights, DOF, ect

I thought you should have used a longer lens on some of the stuff. Fully zoomed out, the camera has a tacky barrel distortion wide angle look that screams 'video'. I thought the outdoor stuff was great. Good voice over talent. Awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
Nice editing work man ;)

A few comments though,

From a DP's perspective, it didn't look like you lit the interiors enough. I mean, they were so low light that I couldn't quite see the action. I understand this may have been a stylistic choice, but you should always guide the viewers eye to the actions, through contrast, highlights, DOF, ect

I thought you should have used a longer lens on some of the stuff. Fully zoomed out, the camera has a tacky barrel distortion wide angle look that screams 'video'. I thought the outdoor stuff was great. Good voice over talent. Awesome!

It looks like they went for all natural lighting. It is easy to see based on the color temperatures with color correction added on. I agree with the lens, but how many people really have a few grand to drop on a longer heavier lens? (Especially if they are shooting a feature with the FX-1 on all digital.

Good job Sanjit. I hope to see your movie soon.

• 3 weeks later...