Does the Sachtler "touch and go" work with Oconnor Euro Plates?

Hi all,

I am thinking about purchasing a "touch and go" mount for my camera cart, but am unsure if I am looking at the right one. To your knowlege, does the Sachtler sandwich "touch and go" adapter work with Oconnor 120mm Euro Plates? Are the camera plates on say a Sachtler 9+9 the same as the plates for the Oconnor 2575C?

I am looking at purchasing this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/7890...o.html#includes

or my other option would be to mount an Arri dovetail style baseplate on my cart, like the Element Technica: http://www.elementtechnica.com/products/view.php?p=8

Any thoughts would be apreciated.

• Premium Member

That won't even come close to holding onto a 35 camera. That's Sachtler's smaller touch and go system and it's a no-go as far as working with O'Connor's euro plate system. The plate sizes are very different (120x80mm for the O'Connor and 79x65mm for the Sachtler).

This is the one that will work with O'Connor plates.

Edited by Chris Keth

• Premium Member

OK, ignore that link. I had the wrong thing copied. That is a retrofit for another one of their heads. You probably don't need to balance the quick release on your cart.

I think this would be the thing to do if you can bolt it down. I would see if there is a fixture that can hold the side-load plates that o'connor and arri both use. Then you put this thing in that for the sachtler stuff and take it out for arri and o'connor dealies.

Edited by Chris Keth

• 1 month later...

hello john,

i can highly recommand the schultz smartplate. ronford baker builds a similar system but the release knob of the schultz is more accessible and the handling is much better. i would not go for a dovetail, it can be quite annoying if you have a heavy 35mm camera with a large zoom and you have to fumble it 20 times a day on and off the dovetail. i hope that helps

greg

• 2 weeks later...