Music Video Lip-sync

Nizar Jawad

Playback the music loud and clear (CD?) and shoot the video.

Lay down two audio tracks in post: 1-original CD and 2-the recording of it with picture.

Sync them up.

Mute the second sound track.

Playback picture with original CD track.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dan

• Premium Member
It may help to edit the track and place 3 short beeps into it at the beginning, beeps are easier to sync and they are a good way to count the performer in.

If you're going to do this then it should be a proper count in - in time with the music, rather than three beeps that you just throw at the beginning.

It's also common to use faster and even slower versions of the track for off speed work. Sometimes Ipod's work better for playback, being battery operated and eaier to skip and cue etc.

jb

Hi there. Just thought I'd add a neat idea that I found online recently.

If you put the song into final cut and generate timecode on the video track, this can be exported for playback on an ipod/laptop, etc (make sure it's exported at the correct frame rate!). If you want, you can add text to the video such as chorus 1, verse 2, bridge, etc to make is easier to the cue the track.

You now have a home-made digi-slate...

Make sure you playback audio from the device and begin every take with a shot of the screen with the timecode clearly visible.

Not tried it myself yet but sounds like it may help out those with no budget for a digi-slate, etc

Edited by Guest