Do No-Budget Features Help to become professional?

I just finished directing my 2nd feature film on no-budget. We filmed on a Sony FX-1 with mostly natural and practical lighting. I'm proud of my work, but I don't know it this will help me get a real job in the industry.

Here' a link to the teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gajVxF5iZ5E...re=channel_page

It really depends on what you want to do. I assume you wish to direct and having a good quality film shot on whatever will help. However, you do now have to get real funders for your next film, so that it becomes a paid job. Alternatively, build up the connections you need to work on a film or TV production in another grade.

The procedures on a professional set are often totally different to those on a no budget film. However, having made your own films does show to people that you have a passion, but don't expect to be the director at the beginning, more you're friendly and are happy just to hump the boxes and be useful, so that you can build up your contacts and they want to employ you in the future.

If you wish to be a DP you really need to show you can light in the films you make.

Thanks for the advice. I'm working with a couple of professionals right now who truly believe in the film and want to get it out there. We're thinking about distributing the film online though various portals to collect ad revenue and so on, but I hope the film can garner some industry attention. Right now the indie film scene is in dire straights so I'm not too sure about my chances. I'm gonna' graduate in the summer and I'm hoping to find some kind of a day job in the industry. I'll try my best to make as many connections as I can.

Best,

Sanjit Majumdar