Sound equipment for sale

James Baker

Over this last year I purchased several pieces of sound equipment as I was ready to make some 16mm shorts. I've since been diagnosed with a medical condition which unfortunately will be taking up all my time and energy from here on in. I'm saying this not for any 'sympathy', please, but only because all the equipment is brand new with the boxes, paperwork, receipts, etc., and it might sound odd as to why it's all for sale.

I'd rather deal locally (greater LA metro, OC and Ventura counties) and I don't want to go with eBay, esp. packing, shipping, etc.. And this way a buyer can see the stuff first hand, too.

I have no idea what the going rate is, although I do know what I paid. Everything came from reputable and local authorized dealers. I'm prepared to take BO on anything.

Please leave me a pm if you are interested. This isn't at all about the money, so be assured you'll get a fair transaction.

(I also have an Eclair ACLII that I got from George Zorzoli in Culver City. He converted it to Super 16. It's a complete kit (mags, lens, batteries) in new Panavision custom built hardcases with a new Spectra Cine IV meter, new Vinten Vision 3 fluid head, and new Gitzo 1340V legs. I'll post that in another classified here.)

1) Sound Designs 702 digital sound recorder. Including one extra higher capacity Sony battery and 2GB compact flash card. Brand new, never used, in box, receipts, paperwork.

2) Sennheiser MKH 416 shotgun microphone. Brand new, never used, in box, receipts, paperwork.

3) Rycote full Modular Windshield kit (to fit MKH 416 and similar size mics.) Brand new, never used, in box, receipts, paperwork.

4) Sony MDR-7506 headphones (one pair) Brand new, never used, in box, receipts, paperwork.

5) PortaBrace sound bag for the recorder (brand new) and everything (mic, Rycote, cables, etc.) all fits into a large PortaBrace cargo bag (brand new, etc..)