Flash XDR

Richard Kelly

A friend of mine got me to shoot a promotional video about the Flash XDR, a solid-state high definition video recorder his company makes. We shot with a PMW-EX1 but recorded into the device through the HD-SDI port at 100mbps LGOP 4:2:2. I like the EX1, but what a difference.

I posted the promo (with permission) on youtube.com. Convergent-Design is going to put it on their site in a much higher quality.

If you shoot HD you may want to check this out.

www.convergent-design.com

• 1 month later...
A friend of mine got me to shoot a promotional video about the Flash XDR, a solid-state high definition video recorder his company makes. We shot with a PMW-EX1 but recorded into the device through the HD-SDI port at 100mbps LGOP 4:2:2. I like the EX1, but what a difference.

I posted the promo (with permission) on youtube.com. Convergent-Design is going to put it on their site in a much higher quality.

If you shoot HD you may want to check this out.

www.convergent-design.com

That device looks cool, but it does seem awfully big. It's probably not a huge issue if your Data person has a laptop plus HDD's setup anyways.

I've been hearing a bit about this device and I hope I get to work with one. It seems that they though a lot about what people need, on location and on set.

Oh, and if you want more quality out of your uploads, check out www.vimeo.com

Edited by Jamie Metzger