Will Z1U play HDV tapes shot at 1080p

Ted Hinkle

I own a Z1U, however I'm hoping to start a project renting the newer Z7U and to shoot everything at 1080p. However I don't want to have to upload all the footage before returning the Z7U rental... Can I upload the footage from my Z1U later on so that I can return the Z7U and not have to pay for extra rent time??? Will the Z1U play footage shot on the Z7U at 1080p?

I own a Z1U, however I'm hoping to start a project renting the newer Z7U and to shoot everything at 1080p. However I don't want to have to upload all the footage before returning the Z7U rental... Can I upload the footage from my Z1U later on so that I can return the Z7U and not have to pay for extra rent time??? Will the Z1U play footage shot on the Z7U at 1080p?

No.. the Z1U will only playback 1080i HDV footage. To play 1080p you'll need a Z7U or the newer deck.

Andy

Correct me if I am wrong, but is the 1080p not stored as 1080i? ie. 1080PsF?

Perhaps I'm being stupid, but in theory the Z1 should be able to play it, right?

After all, most Blu-Rays are encoded at 1080/50i (25p was not included in the Blu-Ray spec, though 24p was)

I might be wrong here....