TUNSTEN FILM SHOT OUTSIDE

m lasarte

Hello all,

We recently shot an ad both in studio and outside. One can of Fuji Eterna 250 T got mixed in with the 250 D. Without realizing it (those labels sure look alike!) it got loaded and we shot a roll of the 250T out in the afternoon sun. The stock will be prepared for transfer to be used only on television.

This has never happened to me before. Does anyone know how possible/impossible it is to correct this in postproduction, and will the results be decent?

cheers

Hello all,

We recently shot an ad both in studio and outside. One can of Fuji Eterna 250 T got mixed in with the 250 D. Without realizing it (those labels sure look alike!) it got loaded and we shot a roll of the 250T out in the afternoon sun. The stock will be prepared for transfer to be used only on television.

This has never happened to me before. Does anyone know how possible/impossible it is to correct this in postproduction, and will the results be decent?

cheers

hello

your film will not be under/over coz u must have rated it 250 in both cases

however, your film will be bluish in color which is very difficult to correct if you are just looking to correct it in the analyzer. However, if your film is going for a DI, then there is some possibility that you might be able to bring in the yellow-red tones back to your frame, but this is not going to be very correct. you will lose out on the contrast as in your 250T only the blue layer would have been exposed and your red would have been not exposed properly

u might end up getting grains

although I am not very experienced, im sure other people here will help you more

you could also take a pic with tungsten white balance with yr dslr out in the exterior in the afternoon and try to correct it in photoshop

this might give you a proper idea as to what you could acheive

cheers

shubham

Edited by Shubham Kasera

• Premium Member

Yeah I certainly wouldn't lose too much sleep over it as far as usability. Last year I had a shoot, and we actually wanted it to look really blue, so we shoot 500T without an 85 filter. Of course we forgot to tell the colorist, and he did a damn fine job of correcting it out, You can see a terribly compressed pic of what the color looked like below. So yeah in short you should be able to work with the footage assuming a decent transfer.

post-18276-1234967839.jpg