2x2 Filters

Nick Norton

Looking to get a 2x2 85B filter for my Kinoptik 5.7mm lens.

The lens has a 2x2 filter tray built in, but does this mean i can only use 2x2 glass filters in that slot?

How about Resin filters?

Thanks-

Nicholas

I don't see why you would have a problem using filters of any material, so long as they are 2"x2" and rigid (and optically sound, of course) in Kinoptik TeGeA... But of course, if you mean soft gels (the kind you use in a filter holder inside a camera), you'd have to put them in a 2x2 holder first -- I'm pretty sure Kodak made those at one point.

B.

Hi Nick,

Have you found an 85B 2x2" glass filter for your Kinoptik Tegea lens yet?

I happen to have an old cemented (2 glasses) 85 2x2" filter from an ARRI ST bellows matte box that I bought about a year ago.

I think the filter is made by KODAK Eastman in Rochester. If you are interested, send me a PM. Please note, though, that it is an 85 and not an 85B filter (the more common variant).

Best,

Bengt F

Hi Nicholas,

I have measured the cemented Kodak Wratten 85A glass filter and it is exactly 2x2", or 50.5 x 50.5mm, and the thickness across both glass layers is exactly 4mm.

So, you need a filter tray that is just a little bit wider and slighty deeper - below is a photo of the Kinoptik Tegea 5.7mm lens where I have inscribed what I believe would be the minimum requirements. If you are interested, check your filter tray and let me know - thanks. The filter is manaufactured, by the way, by Kodak Limited in London.

Cheers,

Bengt F ;)

TEGEA2x2filterbox.jpg

PS. If you send me a PM with your e-Mail address, I will send you some close-up photos of the Kodak glass filter and it´s envelope and box.