Question about Kupo gear

Wilkin Chau

I noticed another manufacturer of grip gear, Kupo. They seem to be cheaper than the usual suspects like Avenger and Matthews. Is the quality any good? I've read here some people like their grip heads and c-stands, how about their overhead roller stands (ie. skyhighs)?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a lot of the Kupo grip and lighting equipment in our rental house and the quality is good, similar to the other, more well known brands.

Kupo is based in Taiwan, and has access to better quality material than the companies on mainland China, in my opinion.

Service has been good, direct with the factory sales manager and prompt delivery of spare-parts, when needed.

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed another manufacturer of grip gear, Kupo. They seem to be cheaper than the usual suspects like Avenger and Matthews. Is the quality any good? I've read here some people like their grip heads and c-stands, how about their overhead roller stands (ie. skyhighs)?

Thanks.

Bush Telly has been using Kupo gear for some years without any problems. I checked orginally with a local hire company in Christchurch "Hang up" who have Kupo and Manfrotto/Avenger gear. They said Kupo gear lasted about 5 years in a hire environment, while Manfroto lasted forever.

So we bought Kupo because we have a careful crew and the price is much lower. I think its very well made.