New Studio Discounts

Tim Pipher

• Premium Member

After three years, Southeastern Studios in Vero Beach, Florida, has finally opened, just in time for the economic slowdown.

Pictures of Studio

However, thanks to constant hustle from my sales team (my wife and me), a huge special that is saving producers a ton of money, and lots of prayer, I'm pleased to say that we're off to a good start.

Several large infomercial companies and advertising agencies are either using the studio for regular productions or are about to start, and a broadcast television network has produced a pilot from the studio and is gearing up for production (they've asked me not to say anything more than that).

What do these producers like?

First, we offer live multi-camera high definition green screen compositing with moving cameras and virtual sets. This results in producers getting gorgeous sets and saving not only the $100,000 to $500,000 or more that these sets would cost to construct in the real world, but also saving the costs of the days of studio rental that they would otherwise be spending first to build the sets, and then the rental days to tear them down.

Raw Footage of our Live Compositing

Second, we have just about everything the producers need in-house. This includes our beautiful studio building with plenty of parking, the virtual set system from Orad, an infrared camera tracking system, three Panasonic HPX3000 cameras with Canon HJ series zoom lenses, a Panasonic HPM110 recording deck with six 32 gig P2 cards, two tripods with encoded Vinten 250E heads, a fully encoded Cammate jib encoded by General Lift, an HD Ultimatte, a large pre-lit cyclorama, all the lighting producers are likely to need with all the lights connected to a dimming system, a massive array of excellent quality audio and communications gear and mixing console, HD switcher, lots of monitors, two on-camera teleprompters and two presidential style teleprompters, and two luxurious on-site motor homes. In fact, for the network production, they didn't bring in a single thing -- we had everything they needed right here.

Third, we're giving producers an outstanding deal. They're getting everything listed above, including the 3D HD virtual studio system that saves them so much on set construction and studio rental days -- and even the motorhomes -- for $7,500 per day. This includes a full crew including two camera operators, a jib operator, Orad operator, technical director, sound person, teleprompter operator, and a nice spread of craft services. Some productions bring in their own crews. However we charge the same amount. Outside producers and crews enjoy a special deal with a local oceanfront hotel for only $65 per night -- Vero Beach is a lovely place to visit, and is about half way between Orlando and Miami.

I hope you'll consider us for a future production!