blue cine tech

tom doherty

i normally use the widescreen centre in the uk for film/process/telecine.

came across these guys today http://www.bluecinetech.co.uk/

seems very nice and cheap

just wondered if anyone had used them before and had a thoughts? (telecine quality, turnaround time etc)

thanks

tom

Im planning to use them aswell. Ive been in contact with them and they said that their prices are low because they dont have those expensive telecine machines that those big companies have. They have Tobin Cinema Sytems TVT8 Type J if that tells you anything. They also said: "The quality is good value for the price, we transfer plenty of Super 8 and get a lot of repeat custom."

And if turnaround time you mean the time your film gets processed and telecine'd, then they said about 2-3 weeks.

Im gonna try them with my test reel and then let you guys know.

i normally use the widescreen centre in the uk for film/process/telecine.

came across these guys today http://www.bluecinetech.co.uk/

seems very nice and cheap

just wondered if anyone had used them before and had a thoughts? (telecine quality, turnaround time etc)

thanks

tom

Sorry for double post. how is the widescreen centre? Especially telecine and turnaround time. Have any samples?

Sorry for double post. how is the widescreen centre? Especially telecine and turnaround time. Have any samples?

thanks for the reply

to answer your question- not really sure about the telecine quality, seemed fine enough, but i had exposure troubles with a nizo i had at the time. ive only ever used the widescreen centre for buying film really. turnaround time is the gerneral, about 2 week-ish. customer service is ok.

tom

I've used Blue Cinetech a few times, I though the service was good and they were really helpful. The first telecine I had done was not that good, but I had massively underexposed the film and it also looked no good projected. Once I learnt to shoot correctly the results were really fine for me, I'll definitely use them again. Much nicer guys than some others here in the UK anyway.

I've used Blue Cinetech a few times, I though the service was good and they were really helpful. The first telecine I had done was not that good, but I had massively underexposed the film and it also looked no good projected. Once I learnt to shoot correctly the results were really fine for me, I'll definitely use them again. Much nicer guys than some others here in the UK anyway.

ah good, thansk for the reply.

will buy my next batch from them