Repair of Elmo GS-1200

David Sokal

I have an Elmo GS-1200 that was never heavily used. However, about 5 years ago it stopped running. It powers up but the transport motor doesn't activate when the forward button is pressed. I changed the fuse, but it didn't help. I don't think the motor is burned out because it wasn't that heavily used. I suspect something is awry in the circuitry.

I have contacted Elmo, but I doubt they are interested in fixing this old equipment (at a reasonable price anyway). I am looking for a true Super-8 gadget geek that has done this type of repair in the past. Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

I have an Elmo GS-1200 that was never heavily used. However, about 5 years ago it stopped running. It powers up but the transport motor doesn't activate when the forward button is pressed. I changed the fuse, but it didn't help. I don't think the motor is burned out because it wasn't that heavily used. I suspect something is awry in the circuitry.

I have contacted Elmo, but I doubt they are interested in fixing this old equipment (at a reasonable price anyway). I am looking for a true Super-8 gadget geek that has done this type of repair in the past. Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

Hi David,

the forum you want to visit is: 8mm Forum.

The person you want to direct this question to is Kevin Faulkner. In my opinion there's no one better.

Cheers.