Reel.

Albert Smith

• 4 weeks later...

I was quite proud of my showreel until I saw that. I am so jealous. You're my age and you've completely thwarted me...

What did you shoot on through that?? The bits with the rappers, like in the laundrette - what camera was that? Was it a 35mm HDV setup? If so how did you do it handheld? Did you use a shoulder-mount? If so what did you use for a viewfinder?

(Handheld is an issue for me with my 35mm rig and to see someone else use it effortlessly intrigues me)

Guest Phil Eisenberg

Wow, that looked great. Especially the snowboarding and skating footage. I think the snowboarding was from Runway Films, correct? How did you get in with them? Snowboard videography is what I want to do, and I'd appreciate any advice you have on chasing that dream.

Edited by Phil Eisenberg

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, that looked great. Especially the snowboarding and skating footage. I think the snowboarding was from Runway Films, correct? How did you get in with them? Snowboard videography is what I want to do, and I'd appreciate any advice you have on chasing that dream.

living in a place where people snowboard and there is an industry is probably the best thing to do. filming snowboarding isn't that hard of a thing to do, A good deal of guys out there don't know much, so if you do know what your doing your honestly ahead of alot of kids.

Go buy an HVX or whatever camera everyone is using, will see what happens with all this new stuff...Go film whoever you can meet kids who are sponsored, meet their tms, meet marketing people at resorts, meet the park crew kinda anyone you can, and put together a reel and send it to people you would wanna work for as well. years ago I sent emails to all the production companies when I was alot younger pretty much everyone responded with something I remember.

their are really alot of ins. if you are decent and around the right people there is no way you won't be able to get something going, but it wont pay much...

start posting your stuff here too (www.snowfilmer.com) , there are actually some important people and connections to be made through there.

I was quite proud of my showreel until I saw that. I am so jealous. You're my age and you've completely thwarted me...

What did you shoot on through that?? The bits with the rappers, like in the laundrette - what camera was that? Was it a 35mm HDV setup? If so how did you do it handheld? Did you use a shoulder-mount? If so what did you use for a viewfinder?

(Handheld is an issue for me with my 35mm rig and to see someone else use it effortlessly intrigues me)

alot of the work is hvx with a 35mm adapter, both music videos where shot that way and we used a shoulder mount rig with a monitor

Edited by Jake Zalutsky

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...