Where can I find native highspeed test footage?

David Ghast

I need to test my pipeline in advance to know what my camera specs need to be, but to do that i need to get a hold of some native highspeed (120p) footage, meaning it has not been exported into a playback format of 24 or 30fps. Anyone know of of a site that offers highspeed test footage?

I can't answer your question of where to find it, but just so you know, footage doesn't really have an inherent playback speed. If you shot something at 120fps, it's just a collection of frames. If you're talking about not wanting a video file that plays at 24fps, the speed is just a piece of metadata attached to the file; all of the frames are still there and you can always alter the playback speed either in the video player or in editing software or whatever. Also, since it seems that you want to view 120fps footage at 120fps playback, your computer monitor generally isn't going to show you every frame because it doesn't refresh that fast.

I can't answer your question of where to find it, but just so you know, footage doesn't really have an inherent playback speed. If you shot something at 120fps, it's just a collection of frames. If you're talking about not wanting a video file that plays at 24fps, the speed is just a piece of metadata attached to the file; all of the frames are still there and you can always alter the playback speed either in the video player or in editing software or whatever. Also, since it seems that you want to view 120fps footage at 120fps playback, your computer monitor generally isn't going to show you every frame because it doesn't refresh that fast.

.....Unless is a 120Hz LCD monitor. ;)

Soon I will post a 120 fps 720p video here and on our forum David.

Thanks,

Cesar Rubio.

Cambridge Wisconsin, USA.

http://www.davidrubio3d.com/