Genesis, Red, F35, D21...

jan von krogh

• Premium Member

Because 35mm as used here refers to the photochemical film format, not the image dimensions. I'd agree that HD isn't really the appropriate term, either. These are digital cameras, not TV cameras. Red and D-21 are data cameras, not tape cameras.

-- J.S.

Because 35mm as used here refers to the photochemical film format, not the image dimensions. I'd agree that HD isn't really the appropriate term, either. These are digital cameras, not TV cameras. Red and D-21 are data cameras, not tape cameras.

-- J.S.

i usually decide what lens to use on the format - 35mm and S35 lenses favor sensorbased and mechanical/digital cameras. What has all of this to do with HD, 2K scan 4 cmos etc?

The Acaemy award for "Best Cinematography" this year was given to a mainly digital S16 2K production btw.

Also the Genesis, F35 and D21 record on a rather high end HD video format (unless the D21 is outputting Arri RAW).

CML splits this into two forums "2k 444 real time" (Full resolution HD non-compressed) and "2k single sensor" (high resolution single sensor non real time) (the RED, SI 2K RAW data type cameras). HD is another forum as is HD prosumer. This can be a bit arbitrary, because the Genesis is listed in the "2k 444 real time", so it's the real time aspect that places it in there.

It makes more sense to base the forum title on the "process" rather than the sensor/film size.

Perhaps HD & D-Cinema may keep things covered.

i usually decide what lens to use on the format - 35mm and S35 lenses favor sensorbased and mechanical/digital cameras. What has all of this to do with HD, 2K scan 4 cmos etc?

The Acaemy award for "Best Cinematography" this year was given to a mainly digital S16 2K production btw.

Hey speaking of 35mm lenses, what's the status of the new primes you're testing Laguun? Have you got any pics we can look at?