Cable/Connector Guide?

Anyone know of a good cable and connector guide that has diagrams or pictures and names for all 1 million types of connectors out there?

I checked Lemo's website, but naturally they only talk about their own connectors. I'm looking for something comprehensive so that when I see a connector and I don't know what it is, I can look it up fairly easily. Online would be ideal, but even in a book would be great. Someone stole my ASC manual (it was the nice black hardcover bible looking one too, damn!). Is there anything useful in there?

Thanks in advance.

• Premium Member

Most of them do catalogues - the Lemo one is half an inch thick, and even that just describes how to construct part numbers to describe every option of their entire (unutterably gigantic) range. Hirose, Fischer and so forth probably do the same.

P

When I was at CSC, I thought about making something like this because I'm a geek and I used to read camera manuals during lunch when I worked there...I would think there must be some kind of guide kickin around somewhere. I'd offer to put something together, but I don't have Illustrator anymore and I sure do like my nice fonts and line drawings. :-D The closest I can think of as far as Arri gear, are the Arri equipment brochures, which you can download as PDF's off their website.

Whether or not it exists, it sounds like an excellent idea.