Mounting my Arri 35mm lenses on my NIkon d90

I have a 35mm arri lenses. I have a 35mm to c mount but not a 35mm to nikon mount

Does the manual mounting screw up the nikon D90 lens sensors and disable the camera - in the same way as mounting a lens with a closed f stop does?

thanks

Rolfe

I want to do it since I can now lock the exposure on the D90 in video mode but I want to pull focus on shots

I have a wireless FCU system (Bartech and Preston) and want to get my 1st pulling focus on it.

My one Preston costs at least 9 times the D90 - but I want to give it a go...

I was told that it was IMPOSSIBLE to get a Arri PL to C mount - then I found one online for USD25! and it works great - my 85 T1.3 is almost a 400 at T1.3 so some great shots. I got over my obsession with wide angle lenses a while ago ;) But a 10mm PL on a Nikon D90 will be fine anyway

thanks

Rolfe

Hi!

Where did you find a pl-c-mount adapter for 25$? I am looking for one, but thought I´d pay 10-20 times that....

Thanks,

Kristian

I want to do it since I can now lock the exposure on the D90 in video mode but I want to pull focus on shots

I have a wireless FCU system (Bartech and Preston) and want to get my 1st pulling focus on it.

My one Preston costs at least 9 times the D90 - but I want to give it a go...

I was told that it was IMPOSSIBLE to get a Arri PL to C mount - then I found one online for USD25! and it works great - my 85 T1.3 is almost a 400 at T1.3 so some great shots. I got over my obsession with wide angle lenses a while ago ;) But a 10mm PL on a Nikon D90 will be fine anyway

thanks

Rolfe

I forgot to answer your question. I don´t see a reason why it would be a problem to make an adapter for Nikon-PL, but I have never seen one. The difference in FFD should be plenty of room for an adapter. I have seen adapters that go the other way, Nikon lenses to PL cameras. These have an optical element to correct for the greater FFD. If you find it, I would be interested too, so please let me know.

Kristian

• Premium Member

I see no reason it won't work fine as long as everything is well-machines and the lens is right in relation to the film. I would be careful with lenses the first time you put them on there, though. An SLR's mirror flips toward the back of the lens and isn't as space efficient as a rotating mirror in a film camera. The mirror may run into some lenses.

To prevent the camera hunting you can press the AE-L (hold) button before or during switching to LiveView (LV) mode.

Use these steps to set your camera for AE-L (hold): Menu > Custom Settings (Pencil Icon) > f (controls) >> Assign AE-L/AF-L Button > AE lock (hold) > OK

thanks

R