Some Questions

Hey everyone, I think i might have posted this same type of questions on here before so sorry if i am sounding like a broken record, but i have some questions. I will soon be purchasing a Canon 1014E, or possibly a Canon 814 xls, and would like to know which film stocks would be the best. I will be shooting primarily outdoors in the sun. I have been looking into the Kodak Vision2 200T film, I have heard very good things about this film, and have watched some test videos of this online. My question is if I were to use this film which I am pretty sure in tungsten based, would i need to use an 85B filter, or do you think the built in filters in these cameras still work? Another question I have is where I can get Wittnerchrome 100D, and where I could get it processed? If anyone out there has any answers I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Bucky

Hello again

These Canons have a good quality built-in filters. So you can use it without any problems.

The 7217 200T emulsion is perfect for daylight if you want to go with Kodak color negative.

Wittnerchrome 100D can be bought from Wittner Kinotechnik, Germany (www.wittner-cinetec.com)

If you want another E100D choice you can get it from Spectra Film & Video in USA. Developing for that is the same that all E-6 films such as E64T. It depends on where you are.

Best regards and good luck

Edited by Alexander Zabotkin

Hello again

These Canons have a good quality built-in filters. So you can use it without any problems.

The 7217 200T emulsion is perfect for daylight if you want to go with Kodak color negative.

Wittnerchrome 100D can be bought from Wittner Kinotechnik, Germany (www.wittner-cinetec.com)

If you want another E100D choice you can get it from Spectra Film & Video in USA. Developing for that is the same that all E-6 films such as E64T. It depends on where you are.

Best regards and good luck

Awesome thank you very much!

The Vision 2 200T and 500T are not filter noched( I'm not sure about the other Vision 2 stocks). Yes, T stands for tugsteen. On the 814xls the filter won't engage at all unless you manualy notch the cart with a knife.

Edited by Mike Rizos

The Vision 2 200T and 500T are not filter noched( I'm not sure about the other Vision 2 stocks). Yes, T stands for tugsteen. On the 814xls the filter won't engage at all unless you manualy notch the cart with a knife.

oh alright, how do i manaully notch it? is there a tutorial or anything that could show me that? and if i didnt notch it would using an 85b filter help?

oh alright, how do i manaully notch it? is there a tutorial or anything that could show me that? and if i didnt notch it would using an 85b filter help?

You have to just break plastic. The filter notch is not ASA speed notch. You don't need an exact actions for this.

If you want to know more about it, please read this page:

http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Super_8_Ca...dge_Notch_Ruler

Or just don't break that plastic and use an external filter. Your choice :)

Best regards

Edited by Alexander Zabotkin

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everyone, I think i might have posted this same type of questions on here before so sorry if i am sounding like a broken record, but i have some questions. I will soon be purchasing a Canon 1014E, or possibly a Canon 814 xls, and would like to know which film stocks would be the best. I will be shooting primarily outdoors in the sun. I have been looking into the Kodak Vision2 200T film, I have heard very good things about this film, and have watched some test videos of this online. My question is if I were to use this film which I am pretty sure in tungsten based, would i need to use an 85B filter, or do you think the built in filters in these cameras still work? Another question I have is where I can get Wittnerchrome 100D, and where I could get it processed? If anyone out there has any answers I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Bucky

Pro8mm sells 100D and in fact used to make it for Wittner until he started making his own. It is cut from Kodak 5285 double super 8 film that we buy from Kodak. It is $30 for stock and processing. I usually suggest that you do not use the built in 85 filter in the camera since over time the plastic deteriorates. I would use an exteral 85 filter. Manuals for both the 814 and the 1014 are on our website at www.pro8mm.com and include some useful tips. Good luck!