Best place to look for re-cans and short ends?

• Premium Member

There is effectively no availability of surplus 16mm stock in London. I suspect 35 might be slightly better, but I've not tried. To give you an idea, one place on Wardour Street had the same six cans of 50D for three years, long after it had gone out of date.

The issue in London is that most of the places that shoot a lot are doing commercials or music videos, and they tend to keep their excess in house for use on the next show - a sensible solution that I'm surprised isn't used more. The people who score that stuff tend to be people who work for them, and it very rarely sees the open market.

I know, for I have bought it, that short ends of 35 are practically given away in LA, and I can well believe it's worth importing it.

P

• Premium Member
There is effectively no availability of surplus 16mm stock in London. I suspect 35 might be slightly better, but I've not tried. To give you an idea, one place on Wardour Street had the same six cans of 50D for three years, long after it had gone out of date.

P

Fuji CH was F64D with the same batch no for about 3 years, what I don't know is when they first started selling that batch.......