EX3 wide lens adpater FOCUS PROBLEM

I'VE JUST RECEIVED the wide lens adapter 0,6 for my ex3 and I can't get focus in any configuration... nor macro, nor infinite...

What could be the problem?

Is there any trick or Key????

Hi Ricardo.

I have used the EX3 quite a bit, and have never had that kind of problem... but i know that there was, and I have had, issues with the EX1, in terms of finding focus both with a W/Angle and without it. Mine would focus wide, but as soon as i zoomed in, and tried to focus on infinity, or anywhere close to the end of the lens it would all just be soft.

The problem turned out to be something as simple as back focus. So maybe it is as simple as that, and if not.... Time to send it to Sony and say "fix this"

Hope ya get it sorted

Brendan

• Premium Member

Don't forget that the EX3 has an automatic backfocus feature, so make sure that is set correctly before adding the adapter. I'm assuming that you get focus without the adapter.

You'll might also check that you have the adapter seated correctly. IIRC, those adapters only work in the macro auto focus mode, so be sure to check both the switch on the lens and the position of the focus ring.

If none of that helps, a call to the manufacturer of the adapter would be my next step. Is that a Century Optics adapter?

Good luck!

I'VE JUST RECEIVED the wide lens adapter 0,6 for my ex3 and I can't get focus in any configuration... nor macro, nor infinite...

What could be the problem?

Is there any trick or Key????

Did you select the wide angle option in the camera menu? It's called "Wide Conversion" and is in the CAMERA SET menu.

• 3 months later...