Suggestions for short term production insurance?

• Premium Member
Complex did rent out insurance, but it was slightly illegal

Yes, that's not kosher. Wouldn't you be a little concerned if there was an actual loss and the insurance was sideways? They would have every right to deny the claim (fraud), and the responsible party would have to pay the full loss out of pocket.

Real insurance is not expensive.

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com

ps

www.buymyinsurancenow.com, 30k worth of equipment, 4 days, $225. It's not a lot of money.

yep, that situation happened many a time. It's highly ironic that "producers" in the bay area want to spend the least amount of money on Insurance and ultimately get the highest deductible... Complex was $100 for 1million in General liability, with a $5k deductible... if you tried to file a claim, they would personally blacklist you.

What kind of poop is that?

• Premium Member
if you tried to file a claim, they would personally blacklist you.

What kind of poop is that?

It sure doesn't sound like much of an inurance policy! Though it's not uncommon for "legitimate" insurance companies to cancel or non-renew a policy if there is a claim. Unfortunately one doesn't find this sort of thing out until there's a claim. Definitely poopy.

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com

Bear in mind that Complex did rent out insurance, but it was slightly illegal how they did it. I know people are still having trouble finding insurance at good rates... if you find something, let us know!

since complex, i've been using gales creek insurance, who i was referred to by complex. after contacting about a dozen other options, i found they have the best rate, at least for my particular needs (though not as cheap as complex was, obviously). hope this may save someone some time.

and thanks for everyone's suggestions.

• 1 year later...

since complex, i've been using gales creek insurance, who i was referred to by complex. after contacting about a dozen other options, i found they have the best rate, at least for my particular needs (though not as cheap as complex was, obviously). hope this may save someone some time.

and thanks for everyone's suggestions.

• 11 months later...