becoming a grip

zak ong

Looking for a foot in the door in grip. I am willing to work for free. Is there a place I can start to look?

First you have to get a grip to give you the "grip test." It requires your two thumbs and a grip clip. It's very painful especially if you can't figure out how to get the grip clips off your thumbs fast enough. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it. Hint: Use your knees.

"Also, "Illuminate Me" you need to use you're real name on this forum."

I never use my real name on the internet and insisting someone do this is unrealistic for the following reasons:

1) This increases the chance of a forum member's personal information being exposed to potential identity theft.

2) There is absolutely no way of determining whether or not the person is giving their real name anyway.

For instance if my account is deleted because I chose to keep my identity private, something I highly recommend for anyone online, I may simply recreate a new account with a new and equally fictional identity. At least with the name I have chosen, you and everyone else knows that it is not my real name.

So for the sake of capriciously following a rule, feel free to report me to have my account deleted. I'll simply register again with a name that is more ambiguous, but it will definitely not be my real name. You will be no further ahead in knowing my personal information.

Otherwise I do appreciate all replies I have received to my queries on this forum.

• Premium Member

Well, it is a rule on this forum that we all follow.

I'm guessing that Tim can track an ISP # to keep you from re-registering. Also, it is dishonest.

Here is the other thing. Sometimes, because this is a forum of working industry professionals, we work together. I for one have contacted people on this forum when shooting out of town. You will never get that call.

When your name is associated with what you say on a forum, you may speak differently than if you had anonymity. This works well for us here.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Chad

I am sure you know many who do follow this rule but you cannot say that all members follow it. The promise of work in exchange for exposing any personal information online simply isn't a juicy enough bone for me to do something that most people would consider an unnecessary risk at best.

The idea that it is dishonest is a little flimsy as well. There is nothing dishonest about how I represent myself here. However, even if I were to use my real name, this would in no way guarantee you that I am anything more than a complete con-artist, or for that matter anything more than a troll.

As for anyone else who finds my name too great an obstacle to overcome, to offer some simple advice, it seems a pretty unfortunate introduction to this site on all sides.

Edited by Illuminate Me

• Premium Member

Real Names Forum

Members on this forum are required to use their full real names for their Display Name.

Nothing personal, but it's the first rule in the forum guidelines.

Don't expect much help from members here if you are going to buck the rules. You have the choice of using your real name or not posting at all, pretty simple.

As for identity theft, I'm not sure how someone knowing your name contributes to that. People introduce themselves publicly all the time. Now if you post your social security number or ATM code you may have a problem.

Like I said, if you don't respect the forum enough to use your real name, don't post here. I'm sure DVXuser has a place for your stories of novice gripping.

Good luck!

Chad