Filming in Florida

Im prepping a job in Florida, to be shot about 2 hours outside of Miami. I was wondering if anyone has had good experiences with any Miami rental houses, and if anyone could recommend anything. Im looking at an EX3/ PS technik setup, or a RED.

thanks.

• Premium Member
Im prepping a job in Florida, to be shot about 2 hours outside of Miami. I was wondering if anyone has had good experiences with any Miami rental houses, and if anyone could recommend anything. Im looking at an EX3/ PS technik setup, or a RED.

thanks.

Let me know if my studio can help. Southeastern Studios is located exactly two hours north of downtown Miami in Vero Beach.

Website is www.SoutheasternStudios.com

Im prepping a job in Florida, to be shot about 2 hours outside of Miami. I was wondering if anyone has ..., or a RED.

thanks.

I could have a guy available, that might head down there with a red package if your interested.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

thanks.

Hi!

I used to live and work in Miami. CSC and Bexel are fabulous camera rental houses. Also try Budget Video Rental. They are super cheap and also well stocked with camera equipment. For grip and lighting, Magic Hour and Unique are houses with fabulous equipment but they are a bit pricey. Cine Video Tech is cheaper and they are also usually well stocked.

Cheers!

Alexa Harris

Be weary about getting sand in the RED bad news. I've heard if a grain of sand gets in the right place the camera will just just shut down and be done. RED urban legend I know. But we wrapped that thing in plastic and taped most of the ports when we were on the beach down there.