manual settings Canon 814

Does anyone know exactly how the manual aperture settings work on the canon 814 AZ E? If the setting is on auto then the meter will move showing you which f-stop you are at, but when you pull out the button and are in manual mode the meter stops working, and so my question is how do you know which f-stop you are setting it to if there is no indicator? I have a manual for the camera but i am still a little confused. If anyone knows get back to me, id appreciate it. thanks.

Bucky

Does anyone know exactly how the manual aperture settings work on the canon 814 AZ E? If the setting is on auto then the meter will move showing you which f-stop you are at, but when you pull out the button and are in manual mode the meter stops working, and so my question is how do you know which f-stop you are setting it to if there is no indicator? I have a manual for the camera but i am still a little confused. If anyone knows get back to me, id appreciate it. thanks.

Bucky

There should be a meter in the viewfinder, turn the knob back & forth until you see the marker indicating the f-stop