.m2t files

Kerem

Guest Daniel J. Ashley-Smith

Well it's definitely an mpeg movie file, and it should work with wmplayer no problem. Tried reinstalling wmplayer?

Or you could try BSPlayer or VLC.

From an educated guess, I would say that when you open the movie clips it overloads the memory and causes wmplayer to pack up. How much memory do you have on your pc?

Edited by Daniel J. Ashley-Smith

Actually I have come across the same problem. I just converted the file into it's own format, but when converting I think some kind of an error was ironed out.

If your getting this problem, the convert the video using:

MainConcept H.264 Technical Preview

Yeh I tried that, still the same problem. And I tried opening it up with multiple programs, still nothing. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but it seems to work when re-encoded. But the MainConcept program re-encoded it at its original bitrate so nothings lost. (Just a pain)

Just one of those things.. (Computers HATE ME)

Actually now that you mention it, I've just noticed that that program does compress the video even further.

But it's also kind of strange because the original movie clips are now playing..

just one of those things.

Edited by Daniel J. Ashley-Smith

Hi,

I've also found VLC to be a particularly robust computer video player.

Phil

Personally I always prefer official software from the OS. Windows Media Player has never done me wrong.

I've found that VLC will frequently play files that've been damaged by networks, bad optical media, and with other issues, that Media Player won't touch.

WMP is very picky when it comes to data corruption of media. This is certainly a bad thing when the corrupted data is at the beginning of the file, for the application will either give you an error message, or freeze, or perform an illegal operation. Plus, WMP bogs down the processor moreso than other players, for what reason I don't know why - perhaps it's doing some weird background operations I'm unaware of...

• Premium Member

Hi,

The problem with the AVI file structure is that the index of frames is held at the end of the file, so if there's corruption which affects the sequencing anywhere before the end, that makes the index unreadable and the entire file impossible to play - which is a bummer. Smart software can get around this.

Versions of media player greater than about 6.4 are pretty bloated. The interfaces are written in an XML variant which relies on Javascript to process UI interaction. Christ knows what the system overhead for this is, but I think it's safe to assume that man went to the moon with less computing power than it takes to run the "play" button in Media Player 9. Then, consider the security implications...

Phil