Anyone knows these follow focus???

• 9 months later...
Hi,

I want to ask if anybody has used one of these follow focus units???

They´re made in india and sold on ebay really cheap.

FF on ebay

FF single side

Sorry i can´t upload direct images

I do not trust the follow focus units. But I am curious about the matte boxes from the same ebay sellers from india, on ebay.

You figure a matte box really isnt dependent on moving parts like a ff.

I do not trust the follow focus units. But I am curious about the matte boxes from the same ebay sellers from india, on ebay.

You figure a matte box really isnt dependent on moving parts like a ff.

Nevermind. I just found info elsewhere that is convincing enough to avoid these products.

I'd avoid them. If a follow focus isn't rock solid like an arri, it's more of a liability than a tool.

i used a cavision follow focus once which i thought wasn't too bad, until i used an arri one and realised just how much better the quality of the build etc was, definitely worth spending the extra money on the arri.

If you're looking for a mattebox i noticed this one on ebay 160392188850 (although i have no link to the seller or anything, just noticed it on one of my many afternoons browsing) seems like an OK price.

I also know that the person i bought my sr2 off is selling a single sided Arri follow focus http://www.filmcamerakit.com/html/arriflex...accessories.htm some of his stuff seems a little pricey, but i've been real happy with the camera i had off him (he had the FF listed on ebay some time back for about £575) Again i have no link to this seller other than i purchased a camera off him and would recomend him as trustworthy. Whether or not it's what you're looking for is another matter.

Hope that was some help, if im not allowed to link to products not being sold by me then sorry moderators please let me know for future.

One last thing, the one thing i have purchased from one of the many indian companies selling film stuff on ebay was a 15mm rails support thing, using it on my beauleiu 4008 and its great for the price. woudl probably avoid anything else (follow focuses etc)

thanks

Edited by Stephen Smith

i used a cavision follow focus once which i thought wasn't too bad, until i used an arri one and realised just how much better the quality of the build etc was, definitely worth spending the extra money on the arri.

If you're looking for a mattebox i noticed this one on ebay 160392188850 (although i have no link to the seller or anything, just noticed it on one of my many afternoons browsing) seems like an OK price.

I also know that the person i bought my sr2 off is selling a single sided Arri follow focus http://www.filmcamerakit.com/html/arriflex...accessories.htm some of his stuff seems a little pricey, but i've been real happy with the camera i had off him (he had the FF listed on ebay some time back for about £575) Again i have no link to this seller other than i purchased a camera off him and would recomend him as trustworthy. Whether or not it's what you're looking for is another matter.

Hope that was some help, if im not allowed to link to products not being sold by me then sorry moderators please let me know for future.

One last thing, the one thing i have purchased from one of the many indian companies selling film stuff on ebay was a 15mm rails support thing, using it on my beauleiu 4008 and its great for the price. woudl probably avoid anything else (follow focuses etc)

thanks

Yeah Ive seen that ff on that site and am considering it. As for that matte box on ebay, it only has ONE filter stage.