Film at Half the Price

• Premium Member

Yes, 2 perf is back. It's real, even Panavision says so. It works great.

If you're interested in more info, search the forum for "Techniscope" and "2 perf", there have been many discussions. It is a real and viable format with both camera equipment and post production support.

I have a collection of 2 perf links here: http://www.indi35.com/2_perf_techniscope

Enjoy.

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com

• Premium Member
Does anyone know of someone in the states who can convert a BL-2? I know Aranda does it in Australia, but what about US?

The only person I have heard of who is actively doing 2 perf conversions anywhere is Bruce at ArandaFilm. His prices are very reasonable and he probably has more experience than anyone else. He also has an excellent reputation. There are 3 or 4 conversions of Kinor cameras where I know the owners and they have all been pleased with his work.

Best

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com

• Premium Member
Yes, 2 perf is back. It's real, even Panavision says so. It works great.

If you're interested in more info, search the forum for "Techniscope" and "2 perf", there have been many discussions. It is a real and viable format with both camera equipment and post production support.

I have a collection of 2 perf links here: http://www.indi35.com/2_perf_techniscope

Enjoy.

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com

Hey Bruce,

Have you had any problems with "hair in the gate"? I know it's pretty critical in the 2-perf format, and wondered if you did anything to the gate in order to minimize this.

Thanks.

• Premium Member

A hair is a problem for any gate. I don't quite get the dirty gate phobia attached to 2-perf. Pull the lens and check the friggin' gate every once in a while. That AC should do something for his pay other than complain about craft services.

• Premium Member
Hey Bruce,

Have you had any problems with "hair in the gate"? I know it's pretty critical in the 2-perf format, and wondered if you did anything to the gate in order to minimize this.

Yes, this is a question that has been brought up a number of times. I think it has to do with an old article about 2 perf when it came out in the '60s. No, I have had no clients complain of hairs in the gate, and none of the dailies I have seen have any either. There is nothing special in the camera to minimize this.

Like Paul says, check the gate and be sure it's clean. But I like John's bald assistant idea best!

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com