shooting again on the Genesis

• Premium Member
quick question - what is the current status of the SAG vs AFTRA issue. I saw SAG are having a big meeting about it today or tonight?

thanks

Rolfe

I think they are about to send the contract out to the membership to vote on.

That's cool, especially since the pilot was produced in Canada. Hope this is a new trend.

I see, and why is that Tim?

R,

• 3 months later...
The pilot I shot for "The Good Wife" will premiere on CBS this Tuesday night (Sept. 22).

Hey David,

I like the Genesis a lot. I got a chance to play with it 2 years ago when I was with the 600 as a 2nd AC but I am no longer with them since I am now a DP and Camera Op but I still do some AC work. And that reminds me that I have not been up to Panavision here in Orlando, FL in about a year but I am sure they are doing good on rentals but RED has been taken over Orlando as of late and I must say yes I like the RED as well but when I was a 1st AC on a music video we were shooting with the RED and for some reason it would act all crazy and we would have to wait until it started up again and it did it about 2 times. It was not cause of going from outside to inside and the DP Anthony Realmuto was scratching his head as to why it was doing that.

Have you ever had the RED do that to you David?