video transparency im

Does anyone know how to take someone you've video tapped and make the background transparent to be used as a bug in the corner during a tv program of on the computer for them to walk across the screen. I have after effect 5.5.. Do I need a plug in or what do I need to achieve this desired result. This is much more difficult than green screening.

So you shot a person without greenscreen and you want to separate them from the background? Depending on how it was shot, you can still try to key it using whatever color or brightness differences exist between the person and the background. Most likely, though, you're going to have to rotoscope it.

So you shot a person without greenscreen and you want to separate them from the background? Depending on how it was shot, you can still try to key it using whatever color or brightness differences exist between the person and the background. Most likely, though, you're going to have to rotoscope it.

Thanks, That's what I was thinking to. Any suggestions on good rotoscoping programs?