1st ACing on student shoot

We're either using the HVX + Redrock or the CineAlta.

I'm sure, almost positive, and probably correct that there's info for the redrock on here. If so, shoot it to me. If you have any quick tips for it or the CineAlta, that'd be great too.

I've 1st ACed before, but not with those setups. I've mainly worked the EX1 + Letus.

Thanks for any input!

If you have any quick tips for it or the CineAlta, that'd be great too.

I've 1st ACed before, but not with those setups. I've mainly worked the EX1 + Letus.

There are several cameras that carry the CineAlta badge, including the EX1. Could you be more specific as to what camera you would be shooting with?

• Premium Member
I'm sorry about that.

I believe it might be the HDW-F900.

I'm not sure if that's what we're going with or not, but if so, it wouldn't be bad to know a little about its nuances.

For the most part, the F900 runs just like any other ENG-type camera. Switches adn buttons will all be where you're used to with that type of camera.

Find a manual and get to know its menus. The F900 has lots of pages of menus and you don't want to be searching forever if a change is needed. Find out what settings will be used before the first morning. It can take a little bit to set, save, and double check everything.

• Premium Member

One other thing I remembered: I would recommend setting one of the user-definable buttons on the smart side to be a "RET" so you can rerack the tape after someone wants to see playback. Using that will perfectly align the tape again so there won't be a timecode break.

I also like to have one of those user definable buttons set to be a start/stop so you can do that from the smart side easily as well.

If you have an F900 without the built in downconverter, you'll want a miranda box to downconvert the video output for monitoring. I don't remember which of the updated models do and don't have one built in, you'll have to check.

• 2 weeks later...