HPX500 on green screen

David Desio

Hey all, another question about this camera.

I shoot a lot of green screen in my work and sometimes notice that the images come back on the red side, more red than they looked on the monitor in the studio. This is not a hard fix with some color correction but I have yet to find an optimal setting for getting the most out of the picture in a green screen scenario.

So this is my set up for the most part:

1. lighting is done with tungsten balanced lights. A 2k into a white bounce for the key, then tungsten bulbed kino 4'4bank for the fill. Each of these is scrimed or netted to shape the light a bit. A 650 with a double scrim for an edge or 2. Light the cyc for flatness and generally keep it a little under as far as how much light is on it.

2. My subject is usually a good 15-20ft. from the cyc. Mostly head to toe shots.

3. I over expose in camera and shoot at a 2.8/4 split. The settings have been in cineV mode, color temp dialed to be a little on the cool side after the initial white-balance is set. MasterPed is at -2, Gamma is at HDNorm.

I noticed that this camera seems to like reds alot and I always seem to be trying to get rid of them.

Any advice?

Dave