Importing from Sanyo Xacti hd1010 to Mac

Leo Dan Jonsson

Hey guys. I just bought the Sanyo Xacti hd1010 camcorder. I've been shooting some videos for testing and when I import to my computer (iMac) I get some troubles. I can view the vids in Quicktime but I can not view them in Final Cut Pro nor Adobe After Effects. When I try playing them in those programs they either play extremely slow or just not at all. I have been reading on some forum pages that the mac I got will not play the 60fps vids but I have been recording 30fps and it's the same story with those clips.

I would really appreciate any help, if I should convert the videos into some other formats... or something else.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Hey guys. I just bought the Sanyo Xacti hd1010 camcorder. I've been shooting some videos for testing and when I import to my computer (iMac) I get some troubles. I can view the vids in Quicktime but I can not view them in Final Cut Pro nor Adobe After Effects. When I try playing them in those programs they either play extremely slow or just not at all. I have been reading on some forum pages that the mac I got will not play the 60fps vids but I have been recording 30fps and it's the same story with those clips.

I would really appreciate any help, if I should convert the videos into some other formats... or something else.

Thanks in advance

The QT rapper will allow it to be viewable, but does not mean it is fully functional with other programmes. stick your clips through compressor and convert them to an apropriate codec- probably prores or dv depending on your system.