First Time w/Super 8

Connor Thompson

I recently purchased a Nikon Super Zoom and just wanted to know a few things. When setting the exposure, should I get a reading from the light meter on auto, then switch it to manual and keep that setting? And where do I find batteries for the light meter?

Also, are there any reliable places where I can get my film processed and transferred to miniDV? I can't edit off of a DVD. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Connor Thompson

I recently purchased a Nikon Super Zoom and just wanted to know a few things. When setting the exposure, should I get a reading from the light meter on auto, then switch it to manual and keep that setting? And where do I find batteries for the light meter?

Also, are there any reliable places where I can get my film processed and transferred to miniDV? I can't edit off of a DVD. Any help is appreciated.

I use a Nikon R10 and that's what I do (get a reading on auto then switch to manual); I too am fairly new to the whole S8 thing. To my knowledge, the 6 AA batteries in the handle also power the light meter. I have never used an R8 so in the event that's what you are using, it might be different, though I think they are very similar cameras. I really like this camera; the only drawback is that there do not appear to be many accessories for it, fwiw.

As far as transfer to miniDV, there of course a number of reputable places, but I am only familiar with those in my own home town -- I find that the quality of negative transfers is much more variable than that of reversal transfers, so it's good to see a sample if possible.

Edited by Marc Laurier