Equipment insurance

Hi guys,

Here's some questions about the insurances I have to take.

We'll have a set with like 75 000$ of equipment, wich is not a big deal for some, but it's our first major project. I'm looking to get insurance for that but all I found is insurance for 1 million $ for 1 year at 1 000$. It's not so expensive, but we don't need insurance for 1 year so if we could save on it, it would be great!

Then, if you know some insurance company, tell me! I'm coming from Quebec but I'll call them all to see if thay had an office in Canada!

If you don't know any, tell me what you know!

Thank you all and keep on going on this great forum!

-JONATHANDUBE

There are a few companies that broker short term insurance. If you are coming to the US, try LA411, even if you aren't going to be in LA, you can get insurance from companies in LA. Just be very careful about people who try to sell you their insurance and call it a co-production. If it is not legally a co-production, the backing insurance company can use that to get out of paying any claims. You can always contact the backing insurance company to find out if it is in fact valid.

• Premium Member
We'll have a set with like 75 000$ of equipment, wich is not a big deal for some, but it's our first major project. I'm looking to get insurance for that but all I found is insurance for 1 million $ for 1 year at 1 000$.

$1,000 for a year, 1M liability and 75k equipment is a good deal. Short term is going to run $800-900 I would suspect. The costs for writing the policy (doing the paperwork) are about the same for a short or long term policy.

I like these people: www.buymyinsurancenow.com. You can even do it entirely online. They get the certs out to me (I rent cameras) in 24 hours or less.

Brruce Taylor

www.Indi35.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for those comments!

Very appreciate!

The only matter with buymyinsurancenow is that they only accept american adress to open a folder.

So I'll need to find a body who's willing to get a letter from them and ship it to me in Quebec City...

However, thanks guys!

Have a great day!

-Jonathan

The only matter with buymyinsurancenow is that they only accept american adress to open a folder.

So I'll need to find a body who's willing to get a letter from them and ship it to me in Quebec City...

I didn't realize you were in Canada (fill in your personal info!!).

I deal with CG&B Insurance, based in Markham, Ontario (web site here). They understand the film industry and its needs. I've dealt with Judi Heron - her email is judi.heron AT cgbgroup.com

--

Jim