Benedict - S16mm short

Benedict

Benedict is working in an egg factory, his job is to convert brown eggs into white eggs. One day he encounters something different that changes everything.

We filmed with a old Arri SR2, using Kodak Vision 3 500T film. The set was lighted up with two 2,5 Arri HMI, with 1/2 CTG and fluorescence tubes. All the fluorescence tubes were covered with 1/2 CTG and the all the windows with 1/2 CTG and 1/2 Frost, all this to create an even light to the set. In post we took the colors down to get a grey feeling.

benedict3.jpg

benedict1.jpg

benedict2.jpg

benedict4.jpg

Directed & written by: Henri Savolainen

DoP: Tobias Andersson

Gaffer: Mikael Gustafsson

Music: John Grönvall

Sound design: Viktor Wolff

Benedict: Artur Kukov

Edited by Henri Savolainen

Henri - I really like the look of this. The subtle green works nicely, and you pulled off a soft palette/low contrast scheme, something that is probably more difficult to achieve in the S16 format. Usually 16 requires a bit more punch but I like what you've done here. How did you get it transferred? SD/HD telecine? DI scan?

Edited by Elliot Rudmann

Henri - I really like the look of this. The subtle green works nicely, and you pulled off a soft palette/low contrast scheme, something that is probably more difficult to achieve in the S16 format. Usually 16 requires a bit more punch but I like what you've done here. How did you get it transferred? SD/HD telecine? DI scan?

Thanks! The transfer was (for now) a SD telecine, money...as usual :)

• 10 months later...