Hi,

I'm looking at the kodak catalog:

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploadedFil...March9_2009.pdf

Im shooting a music video on Super 16 soon. Lots of high speed photography ranging from 24fps to about 120 fps.

What is the difference between regular 7219 and the one created for high-speed cameras ?

Thx

Benjamin

• Premium Member

The "high-speed" stock only comes in double-perf (regular 16mm) and has a slightly different pitch - I believe it's made for specialty high-speed cameras like the Milliken, Fastax, Photosonics. Not sure, but for a regular high-speed Super-16 camera, you would use the regular stock.

• Site Sponsor
The "high-speed" stock only comes in double-perf (regular 16mm) and has a slightly different pitch - I believe it's made for specialty high-speed cameras like the Milliken, Fastax, Photosonics. Not sure, but for a regular high-speed Super-16 camera, you would use the regular stock.

The SO 16mm is double perf as David said it is also polyester base in addition to the .3000 pitch. I have found that you can use standard film in Hycam cameras (up to 12,000 fps) just fine if you want a one shot but if you want to start and stop the camera you need polyester base.

-Rob-

I shot one roll of normal pitch film on my Milliken recently with no problems. The camera is marked "use high speed .300 pitch film only". After converting this camera to s16 myself, it runs fine upto 300 fps. Any faster, and it starts chewing the film - but that is of course after removing claw and sprockets on the s16 side. So I guess although it is ideal to use the correct pitch film, it is not strictly necessary.

Kristian