• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know anything about this school?

Like prices or the quality of teaching.

www.fullsail.com

I hear different thing about it, I hear mostly that its only good for audio and such. Not so good for the Cinematography aspect and such, I will be attending LA Film School which is owned by Full Sail, but much much better.

• Premium Member

I started in the business in Orlando, so I worked with many people who went to Full Sail. Most of the people that went there called it "Full Scam". I've never gone there myself, but that was pretty much the word on the street about it. From what I've heard they consistently cancelled studio time for classes to do "pro" jobs. Of course part of any school is what you make of it, but I haven't heard good things.

Full Sail costs around 35-40 grand. Like Grimmet says "it is what you make of it", this is completely true. Full Sail started as a school for recording arts but has become much more. I am a student in the film department and we get to work with just about everything. Our projects are shot on video, 16, and 35mm. The Lighting department is great, all the equipment you'll ever come across and the Lab techs and Professors are full of experience and very helpfull. The soundstages are open for any student to get as much expierence as possisble. This is a great place to learn and try anything you want or are curious about because it's all here. It is quite expensive but it gives you a hands on experience and what I like best about the school is their placement department, which helps graduates find jobs. Full Sail also lets graduates come back to audit any class or new class in the future for free.

Edited by Roberto Hernandez

Rob

Yes, towards the end of the program our classes run about 16 hours a day. But you get used to it as the hours steadily increase and it prepares you for what a project might be like. As for access to the equipment, you are welcome to it if it is not already in use for a class project. This is usually not a problem because they have tons of good equipment.

• Premium Member
It is quite expensive but it gives you a hands on experience and what I like best about the school is their placement department, which helps graduates find jobs.

They didn't do this for any of the graduates I knew. Most of the graduates felt left out in the cold after they graduated....and they had a BIG loan to repay.

Following the lines of a typical Aquarius, I combine both the technical and artistic sides of me. I've worked in television and designed computers. I've worked with film and love to draw and paint. So I used to teach electronics for Control Data Institute years ago.

I get the impression Full Sail is somewhat like CDI. The instructors might be very good at their jobs but some are just filling a teaching spot. Students can easily drift around all day but, if they apply themselves, they can learn a lot.

Some of my students went to work for some of the best companies. Some of my students went to work at the best fast food restaurants. The problem was the former knew how to use me as a resource while the latter needed more hand holding but in no way were they incompetent or incapable.

My class lasted from 8AM till noon. I had 120 individuals but no structured classroom time. They learned on their own as I wandered the halls helping them with their reading.

I was very, very good at what I did and very knowledgeable of the subject. They killed me. I was overwhelmed by students from the time I showed up on the parking lot till the time I could pull myself away to go home. Even the afternoon students clammered for my help because their instructor was, uh, limited in his knowledge.

Students found errors on the tests and in the books. It would take years to correct the errors only to create more. CDI only seemed to care about how much money they were pulling in because many of the students were funded by government retraining programs.

If you talked to some of those students now you would hear what a wonderful experience they had. Others would tell you how crap the school was. I'm sure the former are the ones who had more of a passion for the subject and dug into everything while the latter were those who needed more guidance. (And, yes, many will always struggle with life).

I don't agree that you need to work 16 hour days because you "might" do that on a production. It's a learning environment and you can't learn when you're exhausted.

Though I get the impression Full Sail is better than all this, and more upscale, I can't help but feel the overall mood is the same from what I keep hearing.

As a student at Full Sail, I do hear others say what a wonderful experience this is as well as those who say it is crap. I have had a great class and feel very fortunate because I have learned so much and I hear the same from my classmates. My class seems to be very passionate about learning so there isn't a lot of negativity, we all love making films and it never feels overwelming because that is what we're here for. I wish we could have more film projects before I graduate! During production we can only work up to 12 hours a day. Where I have felt overwhelmed though, is in my business courses, where sometimes you do go about 16 hours. As Rob mention before we do have some strange call times sometimes but our classes our always structured, we get our schedules every month and we have to fit our sleep hours around that. So that can be hard, especially for me, as I have a hard time getting up early. But it never becomes exhausting, our projects last about 4 days at the most and then we are back to our regular classes. I am in my 11th month here at Full Sail and I feel I have learned a lot. It is an expensive school though, I am not by any means wealthy, but I feel very fortunate to have found this school.

• Premium Member
I am in my 11th month here at Full Sail and I feel I have learned a lot. It is an expensive school though, I am not by any means wealthy, but I feel very fortunate to have found this school.

Glad to hear it's been good for you. With that positive attitude you'll probably have great success in the film industry. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I have never attended or visited Full Sail. However, my business partner used to teach Cinematography and Lighting there several years ago. Naturally, I hear stories about his classes, students, and dealings with the school quite frequently. Keep in mind that the school is privately owned by someone who doesn't work in the music or film industry. That insanely high tuition? It certainly doesn't go to ensuring the quality of the teaching staff or upkeep on their lighting equipment. It's a profitable enterprise for the owners. Why on earth would any school spend 100k+ on a ornate paint job for their travelling Tour Bus just to promote the school?

My neighboor recently had 2 children graduate from their audio engineering program. They have been unable to locate work in their field. Consequently, they're working as waitstaff and bartenders. And they have monumental student loans to pay back. Not a position I'd want to be in.

From my partners perspective as a teacher, the students capacity for grasping the material and enthusiasm for the subject are more important than the schools ability to provide a sound education. I asked him once what his classes were like and how his students faired in his lighting and cinematography classes. His reply was that there were usually one or two attentive, good strong students and the rest were essentially hopeless. He had to reteach many basic skills to the students due to poor instruction in earlier curriculums. Simple things, like how to wrap cords. To me, it seems that Roberto Hernandez could be one of those attentive pupils. Hence his positive views of the school. He's learning.

On a side note, I'd be interested to find out what texts you use in your film classes, Roberto. My partner wrote one for the school a few years back, and he'd like to know if they still use it.

I'd love to tell you more stories I've heard from my partner, but I'm afraid that he tells them much better than I. Some of them honestly make my head spin. Maybe I can provoke him into posting about it sometime.

• 9 months later...

three good friends of mine went to Full Sail - one is my First AC that i rarely work without as he's incredibly talented and a hell of a great guy who works a lot, another is one of the lead editors on "The Shield", and the other, a director I've shot commercials and shorts for, just wrote/directed "Saw 2" which topped the boxoffice by a hell of a lot last weekend. Like any film school, the programs evolve generally at the pace of the success of their alumni. I got my bachelor's from NYU and my master's from USC, have a ton of debt, but have been working steadily ever since graduation. Does this have anythying to do with where I went to school? Maybe, who knows, but it didn't hurt coming out and already having a nice stream of contacts/relationships.

The film school/no film school argument has no real concrete answer/solution. I found it really valuable, but others I know are really frustrated. I can't even count the number of times I've heard the phrase "if I had just directed a movie with the money I spent in film school I could have done a freaking feature" but at the same time who knows what it would have been like? This isn't to say it would have been bad or good, but in film school you have the oppurtunity to meet and work with a variety of people who could potentially be future collaborators. Plus in film school you get the chance to make mistakes not on someone else's dime, which can be a frustrating but ultimately liberating and valuable experience. You also start to learn what you like - not just about watching and appreciating movies, but about making them. Something I'd rather learn in the context of school rather than out in the real world where the consequences can be more severe. Just remember that film degrees don't get you "movie deals", they give you the ability to teach when you're out of work :)

I just read this thread and just wanted to reply to it...

I went to Full Sail. I graduated in the Nov. 2002 class. The hours were long and the cirriculum was hard. I was in class at 1AM to 5AM and 5AM to 9AM and 9AM to 1PM and 1PM to 5PM and 5PM to 9PM and 9PM to 1AM....and I went to class on Sat and Sun. I worked with the best gear possible...brand new 2002 versions of the Arri 35mm Studio Cam and Lite. I worked on a Quantel Edit box and editied on 5 different editing platforms incluing 3 versions of Avid...I used so many diffeerent pieces of equipment it was even funny and it is one of the best schools for media production out there.

Now that I said as much as I could poistive about it...let me talk about its downfalls...

A lot of what was said already is true but only to a certian extent. Full Sail is a business...just like all the movies and songs that were ever made or written. Full Saill will gladly find you a financial provider...so yeah...they didn't start the school to stay broke and teach kids about this stuff for free. I took every drop of money I could get and I left with a huge bill. I was pretty broke for the first year working at some dumb azz kids museum for 24K a year but at least I got a job. Let me tell you all something...you won't go up into Full Sail and get straight A's...your gonna have to work at it and work at it hard because it IS hard and the flunk out rate in the first 3 month is high. They didn't just hand us over a diploma and that was it...we had to bust our freakin tails to make it. Think of it as Film School Boot Camp. It will haze you...it will violate you...you will feel frustrated...its a lot like real life...get used to it...and stop crying like a momma's boy or a daddy's girl...

I didn't have anybody paying my way....I took it on my own shoulders to go into that school and come out wth the tools I needed to make it. I laugh at all the kids that went to FS and thought that the placement department was gonna be handing out "golden job tickets" in each diploma on graduation day. The placement department was loaded with a bunch of desk jockeys...I can tell you that...but it has since recieved a huge revamp in organization and has gotten quite a bit better.

For the record...I was a ringleader when I went to that school. I walked around bad mouthing that place left and right because I was upset about certian things. Like when I started attending...we were supposed to be learning on a PanaVision but they decided to purchase brand new Arri's instead of continuing to pay permenant rental fees on the Pana. That made me mad...but in the end...the Arri's were ncier cameras any way. I was also significantly upset about the price of the school in the end...but you know what...their operating costs are WAY higher than any of us can expect. For the record... I do think the owner is a shister anyway.

In the end...let me tell you one concrete fact. Any of you can go to an Ivy League privite school or any top rated film school throughout the country. The cost of those schools with living expenses will be far more out of control than my FS bill and you still won't know jack when you leave. There aren't many film schools that teach 16mm and 35mm in the same year...a lot of you would be lucky to touch 16mm. You will most likely be studying about film style and technique...you won't be building full blown studio sets and working with HMI's or Kino Flo's or any piece of equiment that says Mole Richardson on it. You won't all be writing scripts or get to actually direct in directing class...you definately won't be working on a Quantel EditBox...and you won't be making 45K only 2 years after graduation...that you really aren't gonna be doing....

If you want to go to FS...expect to work and work hard and learn alot...don't go up in there and expect to sit around and be lazy and be handed a job on the ay out. I checked out every film school in the midwest before I decided to go there and it was the right choice for me because I made it. I might not be working in Hollywood or New York but I know what the gear is and I know how to use it. You can learn about Francis Ford Coppola and Speilberg all you want...but if you don't know what an Arri 35mm camers does when you pick it up...you'll never work on it. If you don't know how to edit with the newest NLE system...you won't work on it...put it this way...you can read all the books you want...but if you don't know gear...you won't work in the industry...at all. You'll be a doughnut boy/girl...and cryin' about how your school didn't hook you up with a job after you were finished.

Lastly...and this is on a personal note...if your parents are rich but you are dumb and want to go to Full Sail...I wouldn't go there if I was you. There are poor kids that have been broke all there lives that will know more than you because they took all the free lessons they could get...they weren't given their life on a golden platter...they struggled and strived to learn every ounce of knowledge they could muster...while the rich kids struggled because they flat out weren't smart enough. Money can't buy everything. I know a kid who's daddy bought him enough equipment to fill a small sound stage and an 80,000 dollar Avid and in the end...he had a bunch of equipment he barely could use.

If any of you understand where I am coming from... cool...but for those of you that don't...you never will...

JSII

(EDIT: The forum wouldn't let me reedit my post so I am reediting my post and deleteing the previous one.)

Joseph...

You are right...but my point is that its about the student and what that student does to make it. Don't blame a school that you choose to go to...I did and I regret it because I could've left there with more teachers as friends...even though some of them werent worth the shoes they stand in.

I have seen the Anti FS stuff for such a long time and it makes me mad as H-LL because it for some reason makes me feel bad for going there...and I don't feel bad. I feel good. I work in a cool enviornment...I work in a field that every body envys. I got to do projects and meet with people while other people ride desks, answer phones or sell socks to people.

I seen the director of my 35mm class project working at Subway a month after graduating...I was riding a 35mm Arri for a side project that day and I stopped in there for lunch...go figure...its all about the student.

Edited by John Schlater II

That could be Ashley...I PM'd you about that...

Yeah...that's how I feel about people that bash FS and have never gone there or even visited the school.

I went tot hat FSSucks website and read all the posts when it exsisted and the truth of the matter is that the guyt that started that website was found out to be connected to ta school in Arizona called UAT...and then Full Sail sued the kid...and WIPO denied FS because it was noted as a legitimate complaint website...

Read about it here...

http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/...d2003-0502.html

Here's the legal juicy details found at the end...

"We conclude, based on the evidence before us, that the Complainant has failed to meet its burden of proving bad faith registration and use. The website appears to be a legitimate protest site, used to inform current and potential students about Complainant?s school. The website primarily contains negative and positive reviews and opinions about the school, ostensibly from current or former students. The site does not appear to be commercial in nature since it does not offer or propose the sale of any goods or services to visitors of the site. Although Complainant alleges that Respondent is using the website for the express purpose of diverting prospective and current students to a competing enterprise for commercial gain, there is insufficient evidence on the record before the Panel to support such a conclusion.

There is no indication here that the Domain Name was registered and used with the intent to sell the Domain Name for profit. Similarly, there is no indication that the Registrant engages in a pattern of unfair conduct to prevent others registering domain names that correspond to their trademarks.

Complainant argues that the site is commercial in effect because it discourages persons from using Complainant?s services. That, however, is not sufficient to constitute bad faith use for the reasons noted in the Taubman decision. Such criticism is allowed under U.S. law and therefore is not a basis alone for finding bad faith use.

Complainant contends that the Domain Name should be considered bad faith use because it seems to be connected with a competitive school. While a competitor?s use of a Domain Name for a site to disparage a competitor might be viewed as bad faith commercial use, Complainant has failed to prove that the Domain Name is registered and used by a competitor to disrupt Complainant?s business. Although Respondent seems evasive on this point and has not fully explained his intent in operating the site, there is insufficient evidence to find for Complainant on this point.

Finally, the fact that Respondent has succeeded in obtaining a prominent position in search engine results does not provide an independent basis for a finding of bad faith.

In summary, the evidence indicates that the Domain Name is used for a non-commercial commentary about Complainant?s business, and the allegations of bad faith are not supported by sufficient evidence to support a finding in Complainant?s favor on bad faith. In reaching, this conclusion we again note that our inquiry is limited in scope and is based on a limited record.

7. Decision

For all the foregoing reasons, the Complaint is denied."

Now I don't know if that Ryan guy ever went to Full Sail or if it was becasue he worked for a school in Arizona called UAT...either way...the kid didn't graduate from there so...maybe he was one of the drop outs that couldn't hack it...

Like I said...I thought it was worth it in the end...as long as you don't go in there thinking your gonna be working with George Lucas when you graduate...you will learn far more than you ever dreamed of. Its the most technilogically immersive school for film and a lot of other media related things...you will be surrounded by technology from day one and if you can't learn anything from there...then you either didn't try...are a rich kid moron or you were too partied out to go to class...its impossible not to learn something from that school...

• 1 month later...

Full Sail is OK; friend of mine went there, but it is no comparison to LA Film School which is same type of program (private, one year) but way better. First of all, it's right in Hollywood. Full Sail is in Orlando -- like where???

Both have lots of equipment but LA Film School has plenty of cameras, lighting, grip, etc. They just got two more Sony HD 900 cameras so they have four true HD rigs (not the little HDV things, real pro cameras like used on Sin City, Star Wars, etc). I've worked with lots of LAFS grads and they all were happy with what they learned and they seemed to know their stuff.

• Premium Member
They just got two more Sony HD 900 cameras so they have four true HD rigs (not the little HDV things, real pro cameras like used on Sin City, Star Wars, etc).

Full Sail has Arricams and a camera on loan full time from Panavision, as well as HD cameras I believe. But that doesn't make the school any good. Equipment doesn't mean anything if there's no one to teach you how to use it properly.

• 1 month later...
Full Sail has Arricams and a camera on loan full time from Panavision, as well as HD cameras I believe. But that doesn't make the school any good. Equipment doesn't mean anything if there's no one to teach you how to use it properly.

Ha...I thought they stopped renting the PanaVision when they bought the Arri cameras. My class used the Arri's when they were brand new. No class ever used them before us. Did you go to FS or is that just what you heard? They stopped renting it like 4 years ago I thought. LOL...don't know where you got the info from. Maybe they give them the option of what camera to use now...I don't know...the Pana is almost a relic anyway. They haven't updated that camera since 1976 anyway...

And I had fine teachers. I can tear them Arri cameras down and put them back together blind folded. I thought there were many fine teachers there...teachers that shouldn't be teaching...they should be in the industry somewhere doing a real job. When the Florida industry gets slow...some people in the field turn to FS for a job until the work picks back up. I had some of the best teachers there I have ever had. Don't get me wrong there was a few total idiots that got their teaching certificates from a cracker jack box.

I seemed to learn just fine. The ones that didn't learn are the "zeros" in the back of the class riding into Full Sail on their mommy and daddy's dime.

So many students thought they could go home and put their books and notebooks under their pillow at night to absorb information metaphysically.

I get really sick of people bashing FS. I left there 4 years ago and today I am clearing 50K a year. So...what the heck did I do right that other dorks didn't? Maybe because I payed attention in general and took notes. The younger students got bogged down so easily by all the little things like not having someone wipe their azz for them after they took a poopie.

I love how people cry about how the school didn't get them a job after they graduated. All they do is complain and then when they don't get a job after graduation...they blame FS for not teaching them anything.

Don't get me wrong...FS specializes in smoke and mirrors. They pitch a real hard sell. Lots of their past graduates have gone on to work in high profile jobs...but many just go back to their po-dunk azz town and wait for the golden job to come flying through their bedroom window and land in there lap. NEWSFLASH: IT AIN"T GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

...what I love even more is when people say the school sucks and they never really went there to visit or check it out...that's ultimately my favorite anti-FS stance...when people on the other side of the country bash a school they have never had the pleasure of setting a foot in. Or other school grads that think their school was way better than FS because they went to SoCal or FSU...too bad those schools don't have half the equipment FS does. LOL...many traditional 4 year schools are still teaching on WWII Bell and Howell's...and an Avid is a pipe dream away...LOL...Full Sail taught 3 different versions of Avid.

Full Sail teaches the gear...its up to the student as to what he/she does with it. I know the gear...and I know it well.

If you are naturally a tech savvy person...FS can give you the Technical edge you need to get into the industry in some regard...but just because you don't end up working for Lucas or Tarantino doesn't mean the school is to blame...its the individual that defines themself as a professional and takes the bull by the horns and gets a job they can really do and learn and grow in. Some people shoot too high...why go to L.A. and be a small fish in a big pond with no experience. Try the big fish in a small pond approach and you will get much farther. Look into some community TV stations, Post houses, Colleges or something that will give some good first experience and then make the big move when the time presents itself.

Too many dreamers are expecting to start working on the next big thing and they get severely let down instead. Then they give up altogether and blame FS for everything...if they didn't make it...it was because they were unmotivated and lazy. Lets face it...there is at least one job out there that can be had if they try hard enough to get. Evetually they will land something that could act as a spring board for the future.

• Premium Member
Ha...they stopped renting the PanaVision when they bought the Arri cameras. Did you go to FS or is that just what you heard? They stopped renting it like 4 years ago. LOL...don't know where you got the info from...

I got that info from someone that went there. I didn't go there myself. My point was obviously not about what equipment they had, but whether or not there were teachers there that are well versed in that equipment. I also said, "....I believe" when talking about what cameras I thought they had, so mocking my comments is kind of silly.

All I know about the school is from people I worked with that went there. And what I know from many of them is that they weren't happy with what they got out of the school, and that they paid a lot of money to go there.

I got that info from someone that went there. I didn't go there myself. My point was obviously not about what equipment they had, but whether or not there were teachers there that are well versed in that equipment. I also said, "....I believe" when talking about what cameras I thought they had, so mocking my comments is kind of silly.

All I know about the school is from people I worked with that went there. And what I know from many of them is that they weren't happy with what they got out of the school, and that they paid a lot of money to go there.

Sorry if you didn't like my tone Grimmet. I was in the first class to use the Arri's at Full Sail and from what I remember as of August 2002 they weren't going to be using the Panavision anymore. Maybe that has changed...I dont' know myself.

My appoligies if I irked you but the tone of the thread is anti Full Sail and that's cool...its a free world but my reaction to this thread is not positive. It's difficult not to come across as angry or hostile because that is after all my stance on the topic.

I personally think my schooling from F.S. is what has earned me my present day succeses. Just because some of the students that went there didn't learn as much there as they think they should've doesn't mean its a bad school. Maybe they couldn't handle it...maybe it was overwhelming for them...I am not sure. I myself didn't like the way the school was run...I was very vocal about that. If you were to ask anybody that knew me while I was there they would tell you I was darn near close to leading the revolt at times. Now after its all over...as time goes on and more opprtunities arise around me... I find that I am more then well equipped with the technical knowledge of handling myself in today's technology ridden landscape.

...and here's one more little tid bit...for the last two jobs I got hired for...I got hired because I had F.S. on my resume. So...I don't know.

Again I challenge the nay sayers to define their statements. In what way weren't they satisfied? Did they put forth enough effort into their studies? Did they seek out the instructors for help if they didn't understand something? Did they come in with questions on the open periods to use the equipment outside of class to learn more? I mean...there's a ton of questions here. I know a lot of students just went to class, went home...threw their books on the floor and grabbed a bottle of vodka and lit up a hooka. That was how many of the F.S. students thought studying got done. So...for those little children that didn't cherish the experience they had while they had it...thumbs down on them. You can't take any of them seriously. If they were unhappy, they had the option of dropping out and getting alot of their money back within the first 3 months but if they went all the way through with the course work... then its their own dang fault. They didnt' do enough to acheive. I did my share regardless of how the school was run. I know there are darn fine teachers there that actually care. Teachers that will actually come out and help you on a shoot of your own because they have no hold ups about production. A production is a production regardless of who's doing it.

Hands down. When I walk into a building in my school district and the media people are looking for answers... I am the one that gives them what they need and I do a darn fine job at it. I'm not crying about not working for a big network or a studio or even a post house or production company. All I wanted were the skills to get a good job and do what I like... and that's helping people and working with video equipment.

Full Sail has so much equipment that even a moron can learn somehting there. That moron just needs to put his/her nose to the grind stone and bust azz to learn on their free time and not be afraid to ask questions after class is over. That's how learning gets done.

Film school, just like any school, is what you make of it. Some people love schol, and love to learn. Some just do it because they think it will make them better in there chosen field, which is not always the case.

Theres nothing you can learn in film school that you won't gain in experiance and through self teaching, although, for some people Film School is just right, and they get it.

However, you need to know that schools like Full Sail go accross the broad range of filmmaking, from being a gaffer to the producer. Therefor, on the final class feature project, only ONE person gets to be the director, only ONE the cinematographer, so I'f your attending school to direct that feature at the end, you might wanna rethink your position.

I myself will prolby never go to film school, it's not that I don't like the idea... It's just that in 13 months times (For the Batchelors in film (I think)) and for the $40,000 you have paid, I could have bought my own equipment and went out and made 4 feature films, which in turn will give me more field experiance than any 4 days school project will.

I have not ruled out the possibilty of going to some place like New York film acadamy, which is not so much a film school as a film workshop. I work better when I'm not going classes every day for a year, so there 4 weeks, or 8 week courses have crossed my mind to try, since you still get to make films there plus you get classroom knowlege without having to attend school for a year. Even there 1 week workshop would be cool t try, and for like $1,000 you can't beat it.

Just my $0.02... Mind you, I'm not telling you not to go to film school, I'm just telling you to weigh rather it will benifit you, because getting a degree in film is no guarantee that you'll make it in the industry. In fact, some very famouse people never attended film school or dropped out, which grads are working as insurance salesment and manager's at hotels.

There are more people with film degree's than there will be job available, so really a film degree is no sure shot... Just think about if it will benefit you or not. Having 4 good feature films out there will be a better calling card than a Degree in film...

Edited by Landon D. Parks

30 to 40 grand a year? How many years?

Consider.... going to a cheaper school where you can get some hands on experience. Volunteer my services on shoot for free to get real world experience. Then spend 20,000 on shooting your own work to put what you've learned into practice and then reserve 10,000 for marketing yourself.

I think sometimes schools do offer a great way to meet future contacts, but being "out there" doesn't hurt either.

just a thought.

Full sail didnt have any HD camera's in their film program. Until 2006. They just got OK'd for a Film Bachelors program. 21 months = $59,000. The education you get is probably going to be better than any other film school. Eventually.

School is school. I graduated from their with a 2.9 gpa and I was stoked. I remember in high school their were always those people that said school sucks. Its a part of life. There will always be someone that does not agree with something. Eventually they learn to accept it. And life goes on.

School .....is school. Its education on learning film. Now that I went ....im glad I did.....because without as much education I wouldnt know how to light anything with my CineAlta.

• Premium Member
without as much education I wouldnt know how to light anything with my CineAlta.

From your website:

"While HD( High - Definition ) is rather new, it is becoming ever more so popular. It is cheaper than film and looks just as good. In fact, HD is so good the post-production process is about 50% faster unless you attend on doing telecine. Using this new intermediate can elimate the painful process of waiting for 35mm film to develop. Whats so amazing about it as that is this HDCAM solution has the same resolution as film.

There are many ways that you can subsitute HD instead of a 35mm or 16mm film camera. You can rent our purchas a 35mm adapter so that you can fit the prime lenses by whom you desire. The HD lenses canon makes for the camera might be superb for that documentary, but, if you want to squeeze out more depth of field the prime lenses are the way to go. Perhaps the coolest part about the camera is the paint box settings. You can play with the color settings of your subject on the fly with percision. That maybe what seperates from film camera's. It the painful process of waiting for color correction."

I don't think you'll find many people who agree with your assessments on this forum. Also, I know of a good copywriter if you're interested... ;)