• Premium Member

i was not trying to insinuate anything negative about your son's abilities or that having a Red is some sort of unfair advantage over the rest of us. I am happy for him to have the opportunity to be able to utilize the best tools possible to tell his vision!

Networking is key at this school as any other! And I've met some great people and forged some excellent working relationships with many.

Any negativity in my post was not directed at you or your son, but more towards my disappointment in the curriculum and quality of the overall student body. I was simply making a joke regarding my lack of breakfast food. :D

sometimes internet forum posts do not convey the sarcasm as much as I'd like them to. lol.

I'll send you a PM with my contact info. I'd love to get a chance to get to know as many talented individuals as possible, especially in some of the other classes, b/c we're kind of cut off from one another. It's hard to tell who's who around here!

the biggest problem I'm having is getting people motivated to shoot outside of school. Your son is very blessed to have friends who don't sit around and wait for someone else to get the ball rolling.

Edited by John Hoffler

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I didn't see a need to make a new one when this is a perfectly fine thread.

Anyway, if I want to be a cameraman on tv shows or movies would it be worth going to Full Sail or should I do something else or what?

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

please change your forum name to your first and last name please...

I went to Full Sail and recently graduated. I can say that the ONE thing that the school does do well is give you a great understanding of Lighting and Camera GEAR... not technique... Its really up to you to get that experience yourself. The academic side of things are severely lacking and there are a lot of classes that are a waste of time and money... and 75% of the lectures are a complete waste... but the labs and projects really give you a great knowledge of all the jobs on set and they get you lots of hands on time with the gear.

If anything, FS got me familiar with the gear. If you already have experience with gear, then I recommend saving the $70,000 and go and talk to some production companies about interning.