Super 16 recommendation

Roy Baake

I have a late model SBM that I'm considering converting to super 16...However, I've heard some horror stories while reading old post.

I am considering either JKCamera or perhaps Jean in Canada.

Does anyone have any experience with these people?

I was very surprised that this topic has not been discussed here before...at least I didn't see anything.

Thanks

Roy B.

• Premium Member
I was very surprised that this topic has not been discussed here before...at least I didn't see anything.

Hi Roy,

please change your name to first and last name as per forum rules. Thanks! And I'm quite sure we did talk about S16 conversion for Bolexes. Where you at?

Cheers, Dave

I have a late model SBM that I'm considering converting to super 16...However, I've heard some horror stories while reading old post.

Thanks

Roy B.

This has been discussed before...

My strong suggestion is the Bolex factory in Switzerland - not the cheapest or most convenient but in my experience a very good conversion.

I have had problems with conversions done in the U.S.

This has been discussed before...

My strong suggestion is the Bolex factory in Switzerland - not the cheapest or most convenient but in my experience a very good conversion.

I have had problems with conversions done in the U.S.

Thanks Banba, Your the reason I'm asking this question. I'm trying to avoid the problems you had!

I've considered Bolex, but I just cant justify the price. It seem there of plenty of good conversions out there that were not done a the factory.

Roy Baake

Thanks Banba, Your the reason I'm asking this question. I'm trying to avoid the problems you had!

I've considered Bolex, but I just cant justify the price. It seem there of plenty of good conversions out there that were not done a the factory.

Roy Baake

Have sent you a PM.

Good luck!

I have an EBM that was converted to Super 16 by JK. Zero problems, the conversion is excellent. I've also heard great things about Jean's conversions.

Elliot

• 3 weeks later...