NYU student filmmaker electrocuted

Very sad. I can't really decipher what happened. It looked like they were shooting at an abandoned house and I didn't see any other houses around so I assume that the truck was a film truck or a rental. It doesn't sound like it was a city truck or something. An experience lift operator would know not to touch any power lines. I saw a generator on the set on the news. At first i thought they might have been trying to pull power from the house until I saw the gennie. Maybe there was a light in the lift. It's possible that a light in the lift could have sent electricity down the cable to the gennie and from the gennie into the student. It didn't sound like the student was in the lift. Any other thoughts. I realize it's pretty soon to speculate but I'm trying to make some sense of it. It will all come out eventually.

That's a serious dose of awful. As an experienced lift operator, I have to say how often one takes it for granted that you're just going to fly that arm in the air. You get the arm going and then think, "hmm, better check for wires." If a lift hits a power line, or gets close enough to higher voltage lines, it conducts the current; so, terrible as it sounds, you can't even try to move it without first shutting down the power in the lines first.