SR1/SR2 High Speed

grant mcphee

I have access to the speed dial for the sr2. I want to have a fixed frame rate of 50 or 75 as I'm worried about flicker from HMI's. As the speed dial is a potentiometer with no fixed notches I'm a little worried that it will not be accurate enough, unlike the crystal controlled speeds on the SR3.

Has anyone had any problems with the speed dial?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
speed dial for the sr2. I want to have a fixed frame rate of 50 or 75 as I'm worried about flicker from HMI's. As the speed dial is a potentiometer with no fixed notches I'm a little worried that it will not be accurate enough, unlike the crystal controlled speeds on the SR3.

This dial will not work with HMI's - you need a crystal speed control... Media Logic or Cinematogrpaphy Electrnoics The Variable control was designed for exterior, sunlight or tungsten and not exact speeds...

post-455-1250796571.jpg

I am selling one with my SR package on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220468159175

I will separate the package if it does not sell

• Premium Member
I have access to the speed dial for the sr2. I want to have a fixed frame rate of 50 or 75 as I'm worried about flicker from HMI's. As the speed dial is a potentiometer with no fixed notches I'm a little worried that it will not be accurate enough, unlike the crystal controlled speeds on the SR3.

Has anyone had any problems with the speed dial?

Thanks

I used to use this with my Arriflex 16SR, it is a Cinematography Electronics Speed control and it crystal controls the speeds.

CE03.jpg

Best,

-Tim