Which camera should i buy?

Rodolpho de Barros

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first camera was a cheap super8, $20AU for a sankyo and i shot some great footage, and some terrible footage!

I dropped it off tripods, it bounced down stairs, it's been strapped to a car bonnet, thrown to a person off a moving train(who missed catching it!) and it still shoots great footage.

Since then i have bought many cameras, they all have different capabilities, and are all reliable. Maybe i'm just lucky? And they are all made in japan.

To the origonal inquiry: buy a super8 camera, buy a camera you can easily get stock for, and you can easily process. Buy a cheap one to start, because if you break it, no great loss. If it turns out to be a dud, no great loss.

Every small format forum on the net has an enormous breadth of knowledge concerning cameras and all their unique capabilities, but as always, be wary of all advice, it is usually subjective.

At the end of the day, do what you are comfortable doing, and spending. And get shooting anything, with any camera, with any tripod, with any lense.

good luck