Cooke Speed Panchro Lens Set

Tim Carroll

• Premium Member

This is a complete set of the famous Cooke Speed Panchro Series II and Series III prime lenses, used by the likes of Kubrick, Cassavetes and many others. All these lenses are in original ARRI Standard mount and the set comes with the Les Bosher "ARRI Standard (Cooke) to PL mount adapter" so the lenses can be used on cameras with ARRI Standard Mount, ARRI Bayonet Mount and ARRI PL Mount.

All six of these lenses received a CLA from Guy Genin at ZGC and are ready to go. The lenses come in a new Pelican 1450 case.

The set includes:

The Cooke Speed Panchro Series III 18mm lens (serial number 688XXX) with original Taylor Hobson Cooke front lens cap and Arriflex rear lens cap.

18.jpg

The Cooke Speed Panchro Series III 25mm lens (serial number 740XXX) with original Taylor Hobson Cooke front lens cap and Arriflex rear lens cap.

25.jpg

The Cooke Speed Panchro Series II 32mm lens (serial number 629XXX) with original Taylor Hobson Cooke front lens cap and Arriflex rear lens cap.

32.jpg

The Cooke Speed Panchro Series II 40mm lens (serial number 748XXX) with original Taylor Hobson Cooke front lens cap and ARRI rear lens cap.

40.jpg

The Cooke Speed Panchro Series II 50mm lens (serial number 687XXX) with original Taylor Hobson Cooke front lens cap and Arriflex rear lens cap.

50.jpg

The Cooke Speed Panchro Series II 75mm lens (serial number 753XXX) with front lens cap and ARRI rear lens cap.

75.jpg

The Les Bosher ARRI Standard (Cooke) to PL mount adapter.

Adapter.jpg

Shown here fitted on the 75mm lens. The whole set comes in a new Pelican 1450 case.

CaseAdapt.jpg

I'm asking $7250 for the lens set and am open to reasonable offers.

I would also sell this lens set with the Arriflex 35 IIC package I have listed, the price for the camera package and the lens set would be $9750 firm.

If you have any questions, drop me an email me at:

Info@Arri16S.com

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member

Hampus,

Not sure if you understand this correctly. The adapter goes on the Cooke lens and changes the ARRI standard mount on the Cooke lenses to an ARRI PL mount.

Any ARRI camera that is in PL mount can use PL mount lenses. But a camera in ARRI standard mount, can only use lenses in ARRI standard mount. There is no adapter that I'm aware of that can make a PL mount lens work on a camera that only has an ARRI standard mount.

Hope that clears things up.

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member
Thanks for trying Tim, but I don't think I do understand. :D

I'll try and read your post again, haha.

They don't make an adapter to use PL mount lenses on cameras with Arri mounts. Tim said it fairly simply already. These lenses are Arri but have a PL adapter. You could use them on a camera with an Arri mount without an adapter.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
They don't make an adapter to use PL mount lenses on cameras with Arri mounts. Tim said it fairly simply already. These lenses are Arri but have a PL adapter. You could use them on a camera with an Arri mount without an adapter.

Hey Gus,

The PL mount adapter and the case are no longer available. And all the lenses will have front and rear lens caps, but the original Cooke lenses caps and original ARRI rear caps are also gone, except the original Cooke front lens cap on the 18mm and the 32mm lenses, those are still with the package.

Best,

-Tim

Oh so Arri to PL adapter does actually exist? I was under the miscomprehension that if you were in possession of a Arri-cam with ARRI mount you were screwed as far as Cooke and other PL-lensen goes

This set of cooke lenses is in Arri standard mount so you could just use them right away on a camera that takes Arri Stnd lenses.

The PL adaptor would allow you to use this lens set with a modern PL mount camera, however Tim sold that Adaptor so now these lenses can ONLY be used with an "arri-cam" as you call it... Unless you get another adaptor of course.

Hope that clears things up for you Hampus. :)

love

Freya