Sock-Loupe Now Available for Panasonic

James D Sebastian

I posted this under Canon as I have a Canon but I repeat here because it applies to the Pannys with flip-out LCD screens:

I’m so excited to have just found out that the new Sock-Loupe (from “hood-pro dot com”) now fits Canon camcorders. The Sock-Loupe is a simple and cheap accessory that turns the LCD screen in to a massive viewfinder. Up until the recent NAB the Sock-Loupe was only available for Sony CineAlta top end camcorders but the version released at NAB this year has been redesigned to fit a wide variety of cameras including ALL Canon camcorders that have a flip-out LCD screen.

Some of you may have seen the Sock-Loupe at NAB as it was at the Canon booth being demonstrated on an AH-1, but if you don’t get what I am talking about then read Philip Blooms review and explanation (an old review of the original version that was only for Sony at “philipbloom dot com”) or research the reviews shown at the hood-pro.com web site. John Mortensen of Thinkatron Media Laboratories said “In all my 25+ year in production I have never seen a viewfinder so clear and beautiful” and Adam Wilt in his Camera Log on ProVideo Coalition said “Turns your LCD into a big, beautiful viewfinder.”

So you can see why I am so happy to see it is now available for my Canon. Check it out. “Hood-pro dot com” is mirrored “sock-loupe dot com” and it costs US $80 and is shipped EMS worldwide.