Public Enemies

• Premium Member

Ironic; film is easier than digital ;)

In terms of "PE" I have to agree that there was the attempt to use convention to convey realism, but as many others have said, I think it falls a bit short of what was hoped. Because the process seems to take precedent over the product, in this case, I found myself removed from the narrative and rather just; looking at how it was shot as opposed to what was shot. This is not necessarily the failure of any particular medium or system, but rather an overall failure of the film and it's marriage to it's medium. It just didn't work, and hell, we all make mistakes and try things we think is a great idea (dr pepper and vodka, for example) which turns out.. well not to be.

In the end, it's just a film and there have been far worse and far better.

Anyone remember this:

Why don't you ask Jim Jannard; he seems to have all the information.

But for the purposes of this discussion, why not just pull something out of your arse like you always do.

I'm not going to stoop to your and his level and dig up dirt on you; why don't you just man up and say what it is you do for a living, instead of guiltily dodging the question?

This pile of crap is so deja vu , endless rubbish about RED a year or so !!! , its the main reason i dont dont often bother to take part anymore its sad ! this should/can be such a better site !!! anyway good luck !! John Holland , London

• Premium Member
Ironic; film is easier than digital ;)

Ye-e-s ... you might have to wait 20 minutes or so for the results from the high speed digital camera, but you'd be getting the actual Slo-Mo then.

With a film camera, until you got the film processed and scanned all you'd have is the video assist at realtime speed, or a really crappy Slo Mo from interpolated frames.

On Collateral, Mann used film cameras for interior shots where I would have thought video would have done a better job, and eliminated any intercutting issues.

I'm generally very wary of Appeals To Authority, particularly in the Film Industry...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Hi, everybody here, I just spent more than 1000 USD in http://www.eiluxury.com discount louis vuitton and bought one gift for my wife, I think it’s worth and the bag drives my wife crazy.

this looks like some spam link so i won't click on the above link but i do think it fitting that this particular thread end in some weird electronic mess. cant explain it more than that. just seems funny to me.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
. Digital handles night very well though.

I keep hearing this yet find its the weakest aspect of digital acquisition. Collateral was some of the worst, most 'plastic' night photography I've ever seen, continued in Miami Vice

Its getting there though. I thought some of the wide shots in Public Enemies had a lovely detailed character that when applied to CU's was horrendous.