Flange/Focal Length thrown by lens adapter?

In reading about testing the f/f length it came to mind that adding a half inch deep adapter to the front of my Bolex and/or Super K3 in order to use my Canon lenses might throw off the focus of my viewfinder or my lens. I'm just getting in to shooting film and want to make sure all of my T's are dotted. Has anyone experienced any soft focus or other issues by adding an adapter or spacer to the front of their camera?

• Premium Member
In reading about testing the f/f length it came to mind that adding a half inch deep adapter to the front of my Bolex and/or Super K3 in order to use my Canon lenses might throw off the focus of my viewfinder or my lens. I'm just getting in to shooting film and want to make sure all of my T's are dotted. Has anyone experienced any soft focus or other issues by adding an adapter or spacer to the front of their camera?

The flange focal depth would ideally need to be checked again with the adapter on the camera. They should be built with this in mind, though. It's not just a crude "make a square peg fit in a round hole" device.