Standard lens for Super 16?

Does this even matter? It is obvious there should be a proper lens in use to cover all of the super 16 frame. Any enlightenment on this issue would be appreciated. I'm expecting my Super K3 to arrive any day and I'm itching to know if there is going to be any vignetting from the stock lens. The camera lens was said to be re-centered. Or do I need to get another lens kit? I've read that the meteor lens it comes with is good down to about 20mm once the camera has been altered. Has anyone used a different set of lenses with the K3 after the Super modification?

• Premium Member
Does this even matter? It is obvious there should be a proper lens in use to cover all of the super 16 frame. Any enlightenment on this issue would be appreciated. I'm expecting my Super K3 to arrive any day and I'm itching to know if there is going to be any vignetting from the stock lens. The camera lens was said to be re-centered. Or do I need to get another lens kit? I've read that the meteor lens it comes with is good down to about 20mm once the camera has been altered. Has anyone used a different set of lenses with the K3 after the Super modification?

You're confusing lens coverage with what lens gives you a "normal" perspective. A 25mm lens may or may not cover Super-16 depending on its design, though likely if it covers 16mm, it would cover Super-16... it tends to only be the wide-angle 16mm lenses (wider angle than 10mm) where you have to worry, and the wide-end of some 16mm zooms.

But in terms of whether a 25mm lens is a "normal" lens for 16mm and whether it is for Super-16, I think they are close enough. The 25mm lens would have a slightly wider-angle view on the Super-16 camera compared to the regular 16mm camera, but not enough to worry about.